SHEDDING LIKE CRAZY!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know whats going on.
I had an FUE about 3 months ago now. I have YET to see anything come in, and im afraid it was due to some reactions I had (folliculitis). Now on top of that my hair has been shedding like crazy. I started a topical finasteride/minoxidil solution the Doctor wanted me to take since I cant use oral finasteride. Im wondering if thats causing it?

My frontal area I had filled in is dropping hairs non stop and looks SO thin now and I cant even shave it since there is still some irritation and redness there. Anyone have any input? Does an FUE shed (I know shock loss but its been 3 months now) before regrowing? Will topical finasteride cause shedding?
Thanks

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
It may well be to your response to topical finasteride. This along with your high anxiety level may be exaggerating the "normal" after shock/shed associated with post surgery and or finasteride. use. Have you considered trying a mild sedative prescribed under your physician's care and supervision? You might consider doing something now to minimize the stressors that are wearing you down before they cause anymore serious long term emotional/mental damage to you. Moreover in the event that this physical crisis you are experiencing with your hair/scalp does not stabilize to a normal or more healthy state, it probably would be best you prepare yourself ahead of time and seek a pragmatic means of insulating yourself against future anxiety. That is of course if you are not presently equipped to psychologically manage an unsuccessful outcome. You already understand how post surgery can be a precarious event that does not mix well with the faint hearted. Your shared experience is a fine example of the potential hazards and mishaps undeniably linked to the darker side of the hair transplant narrative. Be patient while you work wisely to maintain a low stimulating environment inside and out to improve your chances of achieving the perfectly natural and desirable goal; An optimum outcome.
I dont know whats going on.
I had an FUE about 3 months ago now. I have YET to see anything come in, and im afraid it was due to some reactions I had (folliculitis). Now on top of that my hair has been shedding like crazy. I started a topical finasteride/minoxidil solution the Doctor wanted me to take since I cant use oral finasteride. Im wondering if thats causing it?

My frontal area I had filled in is dropping hairs non stop and looks SO thin now and I cant even shave it since there is still some irritation and redness there. Anyone have any input? Does an FUE shed (I know shock loss but its been 3 months now) before regrowing? Will topical finasteride cause shedding?
Thanks

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought topical finasteride was useless as it needs to be processed in the liver to work? People have said the only reason it works a little bit is due to a small ammount seeping into the blood and going systemic just as oral finasteride would. If you could ask your doctor about this and post here that would be good. You could always try RU58841, but a doctor would never say to do that as it is experimental really

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought topical finasteride was useless as it needs to be processed in the liver to work? People have said the only reason it works a little bit is due to a small ammount seeping into the blood and going systemic just as oral finasteride would. If you could ask your doctor about this and post here that would be good. You could always try RU58841, but a doctor would never say to do that as it is experimental really

I personally am ONLY using the topical because the Doctor specifies to use something and swears by it with his other patients..... i personally think its horse****.
But should something not work out right with my hair transplant I want to be able to say I did everything I was asked.