shedding nonstop

d116

Reaction score
I was using minoxidil 5 for a year with great results, then I've started seeing more and more hairs shedding so I started using 15% at night, it didn't change anything.
Now, two years after I started using minoxidil, I'm seeing HUGE amounts of hairs shedding every time I touch my hair, if I shake my hair over a white surface for 10 seconds I'll usually get like 10 hairs down.
I stopped using 15% because I read somewhere that it doesn't get absorbed into the skin, so now I use 5% with azelic acid and I'm still shedding.
I don't have a bald spot or a receding hairline, it's a general thinning process of the entire crown.
I don't know what else I can do to stop the shedding, if this goes at this pace I'm gonna go completely bald.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know what else I can do to stop the shedding, if this goes at this pace I'm gonna go completely bald.

The obvious choice is Propecia, you need to decide if you want that.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil lost its effect for me after two years or so. there was a graduall decline, not a shed. you could just be having seasonal shed, or maybe male pattern baldness is just kicking in again. i just wish i started finestaride sooner!