Shedding Noticeable Thinness of Hairs

Brant_IX

Reaction score
Hello All...

This is my first post to this website, but have been using it as a resource for some time.

I've hit a heavy shed cycle and am not sure what the cause of it might be.
This isn't my first shed, but it is the first time it has been this heavy, and I can actually see the change in the hair in less than a months time frame.

1) I've recently switched from Rogaine Spray to Foam, and I like the foam better.

2) I've also recently started Propecia and went from every other day dose to everyday because I have noticed significant thinning.

When I first started the Propecia I did notice a significant decrease in the
amount of hairs when I would wash. I am also taking Accutane due to a bad acne breakout, and one of the side effects is hair loss, which is the reason why i've increased my routine.

One thing I have noticed on the hairs that I am shedding, is a visible difference in thickness of the hairs. I keep my hair short between 1/2 and 1 1/2 inches and I noticed that the tips/ends of the hairs are quite thick, but when you look closer, you can actually trace the hair to the root and see it progressively getting thinner.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could this shed be a shock from switching product from Spray to Foam and/or from switching my routine to be more aggressive?

Any feedback would be appreciated...
Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Routine:
Minoxidil 5% Spray - 4 Years / Switched to Foam beginning of year.
Propecia - Sept thru Feb - Every other day | Feb - current - Daily
EXT/Revivogen/Min NY Shampoo/Conditioner - 4 Years / been alternating

Can currently see thinning hair, visible scalp through hair, no complete bald spots. Currently maintaining a diffuse/less than moderate 2 on the scale.

History:
Went to Hair Club for Men for 1 year in 2003/2004, went through routine. (Shampoo, vitamins and Minoxidil) Maintained on my own for 2 years.
Added Revivogen to routine in 2005
Added Propecia in 2006
Switched to Rogaine Foam from Spray in 2007.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The change in your regimen could easily have something to do with it. You're definately on the right track so just just hang in there, good luck.