Shedding on big 3, losing hope

nikko

Reaction score
So basically almost 3 months passed on big 3 and i shed a lot i think, my hairline receded and the density is less. Now, i know it is normal to shed and i just have to ride it out but i don t see anything if really small vellus hair...and i am almost panicking about not regain what i lost in this 3 months... and i am not sure if it is working or not and i should change the treatments adding Ru or some other stuff. I am kinda lost :/
But maybe i m making it a bigger sea than what it really is..suggestions?

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
So basically almost 3 months passed on big 3 and i shed a lot i think, my hairline receded and the density is less. Now, i know it is normal to shed and i just have to ride it out but i don t see anything if really small vellus hair...and i am almost panicking about not regain what i lost in this 3 months... and i am not sure if it is working or not and i should change the treatments adding Ru or some other stuff. I am kinda lost :/

3 months is nothing, and shedding while on finasteride can actually be a good thing. I'm at ~6 months and I'm just starting to shed less. Stick with it.

simtastic

Reaction score
same thing is happening to me....
i am on my 3rd month of big 3 and my hair density has reduced by 60-70% as of the 1st month..
i am really ****ed up...coz i see no results so far..& even my scalp is visible from a distance now.
sometimes i feel like quiting but many ppl on the forum say u should wait aleast for 6 months for a visible result.

MrRandy

Reaction score
Yes, it is true - 3 months of treatment is a short term to get the desirable results. Continue with finasteride at least till 6 months. By the way many men take finasteride in combination with Rogaine and the feedbacks are positive. I haven't tried Rogaine, because finasteride alone works good for me. I've started noticing hair growth at the 4-5th month of use.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dead hair falls out 2-4 months after dying. The hair you see falling now after 3 month was killed by dht before you even started big 3

Ride it out thats all you can do

Fidus

Reaction score
Stick with it!!! Really that's the secret. Good Luck

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how it feels :( After using big 3 for 3months i hardly saw any imrovement on the top of my scalp. It looked almost the same. On the temples i saw some baby hairs sprouting after 45days and i thought wow i'm a very quick responder but those hairs are still vellus and aren't thickening at all. As others say here lets just stick with it for a few months more and then judge whether it's working or not.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
Big 3 can also be a big lie if your a non responder. Do you have any sides affects? I would give it six months and then get on the big four (finasteride/dutasteride, RU, minoxidil, Keta) Personally I gave finasteride a year and it was the worst decision I made, lost my hairline waiting for it to work.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Big 3 can also be a big lie if your a non responder. Do you have any sides affects? I would give it six months and then get on the big four (finasteride/dutasteride, RU, minoxidil, Keta) Personally I gave finasteride a year and it was the worst decision I made, lost my hairline waiting for it to work.

are you getting results now with dutasteride

massa

Banned
Reaction score
are you getting results now with dutasteride

My crown and mid scalp are is thick as the back and sides of my head. My front seems to get worse , so in the last few months I've added RU and am using 15% minoxidil at the front. So I've lost a bit of ground in this area. Maybe it's a shed I don't know I hope it regrows in or I may have to resort to Oral spironolactone *gulp*

MrRandy

Reaction score
My crown and mid scalp are is thick as the back and sides of my head. My front seems to get worse , so in the last few months I've added RU and am using 15% minoxidil at the front. So I've lost a bit of ground in this area. Maybe it's a shed I don't know I hope it regrows in or I may have to resort to Oral spironolactone *gulp*

How long do you use Big 4?