Shedding on Nizoral?

delmo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been using minoxidil and Propecia for about 6 weeks now and after a couple of weeks experienced a major shed, it is this which brought me to this (great) site.
After reading of others' similar experiences my mind was put at ease somewhat and I'm happy to say the aggressiveness of the shed seems to have slowed somewhat in recent days.
Whilst on this site I started reading a lot about Nizoral and yesterday bought the 1% version with a view to adding this to my regimen, however I have also noticed a lot of posts mainly on other sites) about Nizoral also causing major sheds. Has anyone found this to be the case as I really don't want to go through the stress of waking up to hundreds of hairs on my pillow all over again so soon after apparently slowing down? Also if you do recommend Nizoral should I ditch the 1% and go straight for the 2%?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Delmo

G

I have a question about Nizoral if someone could help. For some reason I am getting excess shedding using nizoral, and i use it as directed, every other 3 days. I have no dandruff but i use it for sort of thinning hair and i believe that it has made my hair worse. But the funny thing is the hair shedding only occurs when i'm in the shower and when the nizoral is in my hair, once i'm out and rubbing my head during the day, no hairs actually come out, is this to do with some chemical reaction that nizoral has on my scalp? has anyone else had this happen to them?