Shedding on the foam...

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have been using minoxidil foam now for my frontal hairline im now just into my second can after switching from spectral dnc. is it normal to go through another shed? or is the minoxidil not working and the spectral was! :freaked2:

Jm0311

Reaction score
supposely the foam causes shedding and the spectral doesnt..which can be a good and bad thing because if you shed...you are responding

beaner

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
supposely the foam causes shedding and the spectral doesnt..which can be a good and bad thing because if you shed...you are responding

That's not true. Any minoxidil product can cause shedding. Where did you ever get that idea?

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
well i used spectral dnc for about 4 months prior to the foam I did shed after about 4-6 weeks on that and seem to be doing the same on the foam. but I dont know weather its a response to it working or the missing ingredients spectral has!

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
It's possible the foam is doing the same to me. I was mantaining on Kirkland's liquid minoxidil for about 7 months (and even noticed some new peach fuzz at the end) and switched to the foam. I've been on the foam for maybe a little over a month and I think I've started losing hair again. My only doubt is the fact that I started finasteride about a week before the foam, which I have been off for about a month. I now think I have less hair than before I started finasteride or the foam. Could coming off of finasteride cause me to end up with less hair than I would have had had I never started it at all?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started shedding around a month into the foam, it has been relentless ever since and my hair has never looked worse around the front where I apply it, it is growing new hairs though so I'm trying not to worry too much.