Shedding one week in on RU58841 please help

User100018

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m freaking out. Been on the big 3 for 2.5 years and started RU last week because I was getting paranoid about my hair loss. I’m using 100mg a day(probably too high) premixed solution. I’m shedding pretty bad and need to know if this happened to anyone else. I can easily just pull loose hair off my head like nothing. It’s long hair that’s coming out too from the front of my hair line. I’ve read on here that many people don’t even shed on ru. I don’t know what to do now does anyone have any experience with it? Only 7days in and I’m lowering the dose now to 50

Underdog

My Regimen
Reaction score
First, hang in there! Like you I've been on the big 3 (but for much longer) and am about 10 days into RU58841 (50mg/day) because over the last year I've been shedding pretty bad too but haven't noticed a difference either way since I've been on RU and I'm going to stick to it for 6 months+ regardless. Massive sheds suck. Derek from more plates more dates only does 75mg (up from 50mg) and that dude goes balls out on everything so IMO it's good you reduced to 50. Check out this guy who had pretty bad shedding on RU but if you read the comments he says after a couple weeks his hair was fuller with more density.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are full sheds to baldness even something that is recoverable from? I am not certain that they are without microneedling or oral minoxidil or estrogen. Seems like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't stop.

User100018

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean? Aren’t sheds common in new medication. People shed on propecia and recover all the time

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean? Aren’t sheds common in new medication. People shed on propecia and recover all the time
I wrote this on another thread related to the issue of Telogen Effluvium vel non:

I am not certain that it matters if we have two brothers, a father, two grandfathers and six uncles with hair like a young Mick Jagger once one perceives any sort of Telogen Effluvium or male pattern baldness. It might be that just minute changes in one's hormonal patterns can trigger male pattern baldness or Telogen Effluvium and then essentially we've seen our own hole card that says "already balding or thinks he is balding". This changes the mathematics greatly in favor of "Dude, get treatment now regardless of what anyone says about Telogen Effluvium".

Or to put it this way, people with Telogen Effluvium appear just as likely to have male pattern baldness as guys who don't have Telogen Effluvium so both things could be happening and without treatment, it could be disastrous and impossible to recover from when a year later, it's clear that it wasn't Telogen Effluvium. So male pattern baldness is already started but say stress does set off Telogen Effluvium, this is just part of the ongoing male pattern baldness process and if anything, I would predict people with so-called Telogen Effluvium to be more likely to suffer from male pattern baldness than the white male population at large.

To my knowledge we have no studies showing that Telogen Effluvium is easily recoverable from, regardless. Since scalp hair seems to be of low priority to white male bodies, it might just shrug its shoulders and do nothing to fix it or by the time it fixes it, other hair loss has been expressed outstripping any treatments. Going to the dermatologist is useless and no one should bother unless you are sure you will get your meds. This is similar to trans females who want to be short. They can't wait because they are growing so they need puberty blockers. All guys over 16 who care about their hair need to be on finasteride or dutasteride, regardless unless they simply can't stomach them, and then maybe instead on bica or spironolactone or CPA.

2FMonty_open_door.svg%2F1200px-Monty_open_door.svg.png

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My question is do we have studies that finasteride/min sheds are easily recoverable from, whether we desist treatment or not? This would argue for slow titration in general but I know very little about RU and your dosage but I do have interest since it purportedly works some to hear more.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ru doesn’t stop hairloss, you’re not shedding that is your normal hairloss and any loss in density you see is not coming back unless you start other more effective treatments

User100018

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ru doesn’t stop hairloss, you’re not shedding that is your normal hairloss and any loss in density you see is not coming back unless you start other more effective treatments
How can you say I’m not shedding from RU when I wasn’t shedding before and then started shedding as soon as I used it?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you say I’m not shedding from RU when I wasn’t shedding before and then started shedding as soon as I used it?
Placebo effect from taking a med when you know most effective meds might cause shedding. I would encourage you to first look at RU progress pics posted on here before putting your faith in that med. <Tongue in cheek> Don't bother says Janey. You won't find a single pic that is cosmetically significant. I have looked for a year now and I can't find any CB or RU or A-Estradiol pics that look like anything except peach fuzz.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a recovery from NW7 after a massive shed from starting microneedling, massage and spironlactone in high dosages but I doubt many guys shed this much and then recover. I also have used feminizing amounts of estrogen and very, very large amounts of drunken topical minoxidil. I never see any posted pics of recovery from shedding on meds or from Telogen Effluvium. Maybe all of those guys stop coming on here.

Attachments

• bald.png
    bald.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 497
  • balder.png
    balder.png
    105 KB · Views: 439
  • balderest.png
    balderest.png
    108 KB · Views: 446
  • coming back.png
    coming back.png