Shedding Only on the Sides?

nowaytosay

Reaction score
I'm 23 years old and I'm at NW1. My hairline hasn't changed in the last 4 years. But about 5-6 months ago, I noticed the hair on my sides easily fell off with a gentle tug. These strands always have white bulbs on the end. The back of my hair isn't experiencing the same fate (nor the top and front). I don't know if it could be Talogen Effluvium but I've been struggling with depression and social anxiety disorder for the past 3 years of my life. Also, no matter how often I use dandruff shampoo, I never seem to get rid of it entirely. When I feel around my scalp, I can feel sebum plugs or clogged follicles that could be removed by picking at them. I'm attaching a photo of the left and right side. Does anyone know what this might be? Thanks.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 236

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got shedding at the sides very simular. I'm betting the rest of your hair is good, thick and no thinning at the front or crown area?

I think it's just a case of some people getting it on the top and a few getting it around the sides.

You can try finasteride and minoxidil, though you could risk shedding your entire hair and not get the thickness back.

I suggest getting a buzz cut (3 on top and 2 at the sides) and shampoo every two days, maybe use some t-gel or something.

You could also get your thyroid tested as this can relate to unusual hairloss problems.