shedding problems??

sman03

Reaction score
I want to start on a program but I am nervous of the shedding. Is it possible that you could shed and never regrow at all or are your chances pretty good that you will have some regrowth??

GC

Reaction score
What are you intending on using?

Noone can give you an exact answer to your question and anyone who believes they can is purely lying out of their ***.

Chances of regrowing what you've shedded are certainly in your favour!

But in saying that, there are many sad threads on this forum regarding hair never growin back and actually getting worse than ever from a finasteride shed.

If you're seriously considering using meds/topicals, it's probably best you post a picture up as there are some rather educated guys on this board who can steer you in the right direction.

All the best!

sman03

Reaction score
would it be good to just go with the rogaine foam and nizoral shampoo? I have most of my hair yet so I might not need the finasteride.

GC

Reaction score
minoxidil won't be the answer to your shedding worries.

If you're sincerely worried about the initial shed that may come around, simply don't start a regimen at all.

Read up in the section "shedding shedding shedding".

That should give you some form of indication in regards to your next step from here.

I personally see finasteride/dutasteride as a backbone to any treatment as it's effective at slowing down the hairloss in most male pattern baldness sufferers.

You say you have most of your hair,
how long have you been noticing your hair loss?
How rapid has it been as of late?
Is it your crown, or front/temple loss?
Are you able to post pics?

I'm not questioning your knowledge, but I think it's in your best interest if you were to read a little more on the board before swimming to the deep end of the pool.

Regards,

GC.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid no one can answer that question with real authority because finasteride doesn't seem to produce the same visual results for everyone. But I have observed and concluded:

It halts/slows down the progress of male pattern baldness for most people.
A lot of people experience regrowth in some quantity.
A lot of people experience mild side effects (usually temporary).
Very few people people suffer permanent side effects.

A lot of these are self-diagnosis which are really not reliable.

For example, some people might exclaim: "In one year, finasteride ruined my hair!". But how do they know that, without finasteride, it would be a LOT worse?

Chances are, you'll be ok.

Just remember that people who have negative experiences are the most vocal. So it's very likely that even this fine forum is disproportionately representing the experience of the average finasteride user.

In the end, you should read as much as you can and make your own mind up. That's what I did and I chose to get on finasteride. Everything is great so far :)