shedding question

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to only shed miniaturized hairs because ever since i started finasteride those are the only hairs i shed, like there a lot smaller then the rest of the hairs and thinner and normally go thinner towards the root but if finasteride's doing its job why do i still shed all this tiny hairs?

philosoraptor

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the same situation. I started shedding in May and it only seems to be bad hairs being shed. There must have been a bunch of them because now my density is really low up top. Hoping to have thick hairs fill in place by the end of next month.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
they say wait till 6 months... but i would say wait till 8 months

I've been on finasteride for over 8 months.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
axel why dont you post before and after pics ?

Maybe, but it wouldn't really help in this situation. All these tiny hairs i always seem to shed doesn't really effect the over all quality of my hair it's just that these are the only hairs that always fall out and I'm aware that it's better to shed these hairs then thick healthy ones but after 8 months you would think that i wouldn't still be shedding these thinner smaller hairs but maybe I'm wrong.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
well come to think of it I dont think i've ever seen any pics of your hair..

Probably because I haven't posted any and i don't really feel the need to.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
hi to everybody i passed this stage and no shedding past one week huh yeah.....

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on rogaine foam and also notice this....my hair is 1-2 inches long and the hairs I notice on the sink are hardly 0.5" inches long and very light in color compared to the rest of my hair.

what does this mean?