Shedding question

maxpower2

Reaction score
When my hair sheds, there is usually what looks like a tiny part of my skin at the end of the hair.. is this normal? I'd say 75% of my hair that falls out is like this

maxpower2

Reaction score
actually upon further inspection it looks like the end of the hair is a white bulb, possibly the root? is this normal?

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
Finnjävel said:
maxpower2 said:
actually upon further inspection it looks like the end of the hair is a white bulb, possibly the root? is this normal?

It's just dandruff.

dandruff??? :bravo:

rafa24

Reaction score
It is not dandruff, but the normal keratin bulb when a hair is shed. Look at a woman's hair in a brush and you find the same thing. The follicle root is securely anchored in your head.

Bob Chylan

Reaction score
rafa24 said:
It is not dandruff, but the normal keratin bulb when a hair is shed. Look at a woman's hair in a brush and you find the same thing. The follicle root is securely anchored in your head.

i agree. ive not had dandruff (atleast not any that i have notice)...but have noticed this even when i was younger...and have also noticed it on hairs that were not on my scalp (eyebrows, nose hairs, etc..). I noticed it when the hair is pulled out as well.