Shedding stopped instantly after i changed my shampoo

llx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im 22 and Ive been using Minoxidyl for almost a year ( with a 3 months pause at the middle ), Ive been on propecia for 35 days.

5 months ago my hairs were falling like crazy, probably 50-100 hairs at least at every shower etc.
I decided to change my shampoo, I went from Head&Shoulders to Pregaine. And 2 days later the shedding stopped and my scalp didnt hurt anymore, I could make a shampoo and only 2-3 hairs were on my hands.
But then 3 months ago my hair started to fall again, seems the shampoo thing isnt working anymore.

My question is, do you think there is a link between the shampoo change and the shedding's stop or was it just pure coincidence ? 3 weeks ago the shedding stopped instantly again..but then it started 10 days later... Am I the only one to who this is happening ?

Any help would be appreciated thx.

CCS

Reaction score
If the shedding stopped that fast, it is probably a follicle lubrication issue.

I saw a study that showed a 1% zinc shampoo caused hair loss compared to placebo. Head and shoulders is 1% zinc. Use Nizoral instead.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Follicles spitting their shafts today, are follicles that went telogen and stopped working a month or two before. So I do not think the change in shampoo had anything to do with your shed.

CCS is right though, the shift to Pregaine was a good move, add Nizoral 2-3 times per week and you are set. Oh, and try not to pause minoxidil treatment again, of course you would shed like crazy, what did you expect. Give your follicles a break and lock on a specific treatment without changes.