Shedding Stopped?

russiandanger

Reaction score
Hey, new user (21 years old)

I have been experienced diffuse thinning for the past few years without realizing it, looking back on pictures my hair has thinned considerably, especially around my crown. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me some 6% minoxidil. I remember last year around this time I would see a ton of hair in the drain of my shower and all over my desk.

I thought nothing of it then, but know I realize I was losing all my hair!

However, now I don't see any hair, not on pillows, not in the shower or sink, etc. a maybe 3 strays in a day.

Does this mean my balding has stopped?

I also started taking a lot of vitamins, biotin, fish oil, quit smoking, and started a lot of cardio. Losing my hair has put be where I wanted to be shape wise and health wise, just hope I can keep / re-grow some hair.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dudeeeee , I was going to post a question just like this.

I stopped finasteride cold turkey like 4 months ago and my hair loss seems to have slowed down drastically. Thing is I've been shedding monster sheds since I was 17. My hair loss is very aggressive (19 - (2.5 Norwood)). I don't see much hair falling out but my hair seems to be getting thinner and thinner.

All I'm doing at the moment is using olive oil and T-gel. I realise this isn't a treatment but I'm confused with the whole shedding thing..

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cheap remedy for dry hair.

hbdale309

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I use to shed 30-40 hairs a day in the shower for 10 years. Now, after a while on minoxidil and nizoral, one day I noticed the shedding had just stopped almost entirely.

I hope this means we've found a cure, but I feel that this may just be a bandaid. We'll probably have to start using finastride, too.