Shedding Terminal !! should i stop Propecia?

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , i have been shedding terminal every since i started Propecia and my hairline has gone worse! I am pretty sure that it is propecia which did that !

Can someone pls tell me does this mean that Propecia will give me negative effect? Somone who has gone through the same process can you comment a lil about this ? i am going insane trying to stop the loss

metalheaddude

Reaction score
We have all been through what your going through dont worry. Hairloss does not happen overnight, its a long drawen out process so dont worry. Your shedding is a good thing, it will grow back stronger now. Just give it a chance and stay on ur regime and never miss taking your propecia. In 4-12 months you will be a much happier man :)

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
But have u shed Terminal hair when using propecia? i have rarely shed thick terminal hair b4 i started the treamtment !!! does that mean it has triggered my healthy hair to miniturize

metalheaddude

Reaction score
nahhh and of course you shed terminal hair...how do u know its terminal? I wouldnt be worried seriously....Very people have shed more than me, ive shed like 300 hairs a day and come back from the dead....anything is possble.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
Mayb not terminal BUT definitely THick and healthy hair , i have not shed such thick hair in a very long time ( i used to take propecia for 4 months and stopped )

And the soreness in the scalp hasnt gone yet even after taking propecia ! is it not working for me anymore? i used to feel the difference (scalp soreness completely gone ) after taking propecia

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
i need some consultation !! after i have started on propecia which i have stopped for quite some time ( i used to be on propecia for about 4 months ) , i am starting to see miniturised hair at my hairline ! Hair that are not so strong have gone worse and become tiny

This freak me out ! is this what u experience during shedding ? isn't shedding losing some of the tiny hair and in replace u get healtier hair ! but in my case i am losing not-so-strong hair and getting tiny hair in replace !! Is this normal ? And recently i really have been shedding A LOT of healthy hair .

I have sides such as slight gyno , mental fog and decrease in libido and that is why i stopped propecia in the past ! but now i am willing to risk the sides for my hair

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long ago did you stoip the propecia man?
Perhaps after quitting this is just male pattern baldness progressing on it's pre-determined course

metalheaddude

Reaction score
JDW said:
How long ago did you stoip the propecia man?
Perhaps after quitting this is just male pattern baldness progressing on it's pre-determined course

Don't even bother JDW. He is just being completely irrational and not listening to reason. Shedding is normal and quite often your hair will take a step backward before it can take two steps forward. Just read the studies on Finasteride, people who take it dont lose hair.

But your 100% right, if anything is going to cause him to lose hair is going off and on Propecia like its tic tac or a lolly. Your messing with your hormones dude! Its serious stuff. Once you decide to take it, its for life! If you go off it, you get whats called "catch up hairloss".

peterpaul_02

Reaction score
listen to metalhead dude, he knows what he speaks of. Shedding sucks, I went through the same thing the first five months and thought propecia was just not at all gonna work for me. I thickened up around month 6 and it halted further hairloss. Cut your hair short, ride it out, and stay loyal to your meds.