Shedding three years into Propecia?

slacker86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have now been on propecia for three years...possibly close to four now thinking about it. I have remained pretty stable until now. I also used minoxodil about two years ago, and my hair really started to look great 6 months in, most people would never think I had a hair loss problem at all. Then about 18 months ago I had to discontinue minoxidil as I became alergic. Tried many minoxidil solutions, both with and without PG, and I was alergiv to them all. The thing is, when would the minoxidil should begin and end after quitting the treatment? 6 months after stopping minoxidil my hair still looked great, now, a year on from that, I still seem to be shedding, and my hair is worse than its been for a long long time. I still have short terminal hairs in my balding areas, and some days I think my hairs actually improving. But if I'm honest with myself, my hair is on a downward spiral. Seem to be shedding a lot at the mo, any ideas why this might be, and if this could be it now? Any further treatment suggestions would be helpful (considering RU). I'm a norwood 2.5 with diffuse thinning accross the frontal third (it's this diffuse thinning which is new, I was more of a solid 2 with a thick frontal third this time last year)

I'm sorry for the essay! Any advice would be highly appreciated.