shedding update

G

Since I reported my shed about a couple of weeks ago things seem to getting a little worse. My temples have now started to get thinner and even my hairline seems to be shrinking. It's not going upward but narrower. The funny thing is that I don't see loads and loads of hairs shedding.

It's starting to annoy me because I was satisfied with my hair about a month ago. Now it looks like sh*t I'm afraid.

I will continue my regime in the hope that things will pick up. This is definitely a shed because I went a year without taking anything apart from a few herbal pills. Now since taking finasteride it's got worse in month 7.5.

I'm also starting to feel some sexual side affects, I can get errections but it feels different, not as intense. I explained to my girlfriend and basically she said what would I rather have, no hair but great sex, or keep your hair and have sexual problems.

I think on the New Year I will get it cut quite short to see what it looks like. It might look OK. That's if I see no improvement in my hair.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been shedding a bit more than usual in the last 2-3 days. In the last 1 hr..i can see like 10-12 hairs on my desk. :cry:
I think its the seasonal shed...the shedding cycle is confusing. :roll:

G

This is what I find really strange, when you lose there hair and there is nothing there you just can't imagine it growing back can you. This is what I struggle with tbh...

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
hey travdata, I was actually thinking about you yesterday and was wondering how you are getting on. We are very close to being on the same track in this fight. I started 8 months and a bit ago with finasteride (propecia) & Nizoral 2% (3 times a week - leave on for 10 min)

As I have mentioned before I am shedding again like you - so I feel your pain! I have been shedding for about 5-6 weeks now which has really left my hair in a pretty bad state. Like you, my hairline is very thin right now and vertex is getting a bit thin as well these days. Had my first shed the first 3 months or so of treatment - and now the second around month 7.

What's the quality of the hair like you are shedding? Thin? thick? Colour?