Shedding WHILE massaging scalp with minoxidil

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
I usually apply minoxidil in the morning right after my shower. While massaging the minoxidil into my scalp I constantly see hair coming out and sticking to my hands. Generally I see 10-15 hairs shed during this process and I know more will fall out if I massage my scalp longer. Does anyone else notice the same when applying topicals to wet or dry hair?

Viper

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
same thing here, man. anyone here gone thru this process before?

please advise...thx a million

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep same here. My shedding is increasing daily, it seems, while I apply the foam to my hairline. Been on foam for around 2 months.

I did not seem to respond well to liquid minoxidil, so I hope that this shedding is from my hair reacting well to the foam.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair becomes very weak and far more susceptible to breaking when wet. tried it on dry hair?

Mobbo

Reaction score
The same thing happens to me. But most of the time they're weak hairs thats are most likely gonna fall out soon anyway. I'm on my 3rd bottle of foam right now and it seems I'm getting a little less on my hands nowadays. It says right on the box that it will most likely cause shedding.

G

I don't even massage the foam on my head. I just part my hair and apply it directly onto the scalp, it hardly even touches the hair itself.