SHEDDING WITH A FAIRLY GOOD HAIRLINE (Propecia use)

gwuc4

Reaction score
I want to some thoughts on this. Is there any sort of correlation between having a fairly good hairline and shedding for someone showing the early signs of thinning when taking propecia?

I hope I made that question clear enough. Basically, my hairline is fine. But I am in the early stages of thinning. I am really want to get some info from people who have experiences.

Also if I start propecia to experiment on the shedding side, and find out that it's severe, could I stop and and resume at a later time in my life (read spring/summer - once I get through job searching)? Are there any effects that I should be aware of if I choose this road?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance - totally appreciated!

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation to you (About to start finasteride), and although I've been thinning at the temples for at least 4 years it still isn't too bad that it's really noticeable.

I don't think anyone's going to be able to give you any concrete advice except for try it and see. For what it's worth, from what I've been told shedding is actually fairly rare (Especially extreme shedding), it's just the ones who do are quite vocal about it so it gives the illusion of it being more common to shed than not to shed.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Was in the same situation as you are but I hopped onto Propecia anyway, hairline hasn't been ruined growth is visible already (coming onto 4th month on Propecia)

At the end of the day you have to try it and see.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't shedding was even documented in the early propecia trials.

As for Propecia 'ruining a hairline' - I don't think that's the case, I think it's simply that for some it didn't help at the hairline which continued to get worse at the normal rate. So apart from some money wasted, no harm done.