shedding

antonio666

Reaction score
Does the hair that we shed,at the beginning of starting propecoa or avodart,come back or is it gone forever because i woke up thismorning with about 150 hairs on my pillow.I have been losing hair at the rate of about 75 to 100 before igot on any treatment but that was throughout the day and would see maybe 10 hairs on my pillow.This is really concerning me ,i got on treatments to improve my hair not go backwards.

By the way i have just completed mysixth week on avodart,will things get better or not.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in theory, all those hairs you shed should come back. Hopefully stronger too. I can't reassure you though, as I've been on finasteride for 5 months and my hair probably looks worse than it's ever been, but I guess these things need time.

Oh I see you're on avodart, well you really should be fine. It's the best of the best at inhibiting dht - though some people say the increase in testosterone that comes with near complete dht inhibition can damage your hair too. But just stick with it, I might be joining you in the near future depending on how the next few months on finasteride go...