sheddy kreugers's Story - (Age 33)

sheddy kreuger

Reaction score
hello to all on board
been lurking around a few of these forums for a while gathering information and ideas to combat this fuckin hateful hereditary affliction so i reckon its only fair i register and give a little bit back
i also think having a story thread is an excellent idea to monitor my own personal progress...who knows what my hair status will be when i look back and read this in a year or twos time
just to give a brief rundown of my own hairloss story to date im 33 yo and 1st noticed it in aug 98....such n impact it had i still rem exactly when it occured
i had just turned 24 n thought it was never gonna happen to me
over the last 9 years it has been steady and sustainable until easter this year when both the thinning and receding reached the drastic stage
until then 1 way or another i could hide it
not long after with a bit of internet scouring i decided it was time to declare war on the balding enemy n try n reinforce the thinning ranks of soldiers left on my head
to date ive been on finasteride 5 n a half months n minoxidil 15 weeks exactly to the day washing with nizoral twice a week
now i have def noticed a rapid increase in the hairloss since starting the meds but beforehand i could notice a daily difference anyway
what i have noticed though(and this is what provides the hope)are lots of little black hairs all over my temples in regions there has not been hair for years..i can also see them through my thinning hair on top
dont get me wrong they are patchy and look insignificant against my long standing hair but they are multiplying and getting more noticable
i will not be putting out any flags though as my hairloss continues without showing any signs of slowing down
so i am going with the wait and see policy
what i would like to say is i feel for anyone else going through this shite as its fuckin depressing looking in the mirror daily knowing whats looking back is worse than it was the day before with that wee voice at the back of your head telling you it will be even worse again tomorrow
thatll do for now or i will have to break this intro into chapters

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: sheddy kreugers tale

good luck man, the big three is definitely the way to go.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: sheddy kreugers tale

big 3 is the ONLY way to go!

sheddy kreuger

Reaction score
thanks for the replies ppl
im still going strong with the treatments and have never missed an application
unfortunately for me the recession continues unabated and my hair has a noticeable thinning texture
the new hair on my temples continues to grow longer,thicker and darker but at a very slow rate....much slower than the balding line is rising up my head
it certainly is not noticeable unless im standing directly in front of a mirror
2 things i have noticed
1.where in the past i noticed a lot of hairs on the pillow,bedsheet every day and in the bath/sink when washing i notice very few now...although i can still see the thickness of my hair deteriorating in the mirror..perhaps rate of hairloss is slowing down maybe i just have less to lose it is hard to tell
2.i have noticed alarmingly that the area between the eyebrow and the temple has hair growing at a par with that newly forming on my temples with a similar situation around both cheekbones
it wont do me much good if the treatments restore my hair to its former glory but i end up with a face like a yeti :(
anyhow i will continue religously undeterred
good luck to all other fellow combatants in this fight

RaginDemon

Reaction score
unwanted facial hair might be caused by minoxidil...its a reported side affect.