ShedNShred's Story - (21)

SheNShred

Reaction score
Alright. I used to have thick hair. Really thick hair. My story starts at the age of 18. I had a big head of dreadlocks and I decided it was time for them to go because I was tired of never getting any sleep because of them. I cut them off, got my hair fixed and realized that I was receding at the temples. This didn't bother me one bit but just to be on the safe side I bought some Nioxin Shampoo/Conditioner. For the most part it worked well for me until I turned 20. Then I really started noticing an increase in my thinning. :thumbdown2: I'm now 21 (few months away from 22) and the shedding/recession has only gotten worse. I started Propecia almost 3 months ago and I blame this for most of the shedding. Hopefully it will turn around soon (if I can stand the side effects, that is). I think that if my loss gets completely out of control I'll be around a Norwood 4 as I have thinning and recession up front and thinning in the crown. I'm pretty freaked out because of the thinning. I had pretty thick locks except for the front until I started the Propecia, Now I'm thinning everywhere including the back and sides. :puke: I hope that this too is temporary, so I can someday have a transplant. I'm trying my best to stay positive, and hopeful that someday I'll be comfortable with my looks again, I'm in a band and I play a lot of live shows and I need the confidence. Hopefully I can pick up good info/support here. Thanks for reading.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Re: ShedNShred's Story

Well first of all, WELCOME!!!! Thanks for sharing your story and I am sure you will get some great responses here. You may want to add pics so we can see the type of hair loss you have and that will also encourage more responses. Also check out the social site as well http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/, people are getting good replies over there as well. Anyway I just wanted to welcome you to HairLossTalk.com!!