sheds with cu peptides

viperfish

Reaction score
It seems every time I use the Cu peptides 20 minutes later I'll have a nice shed. I have not used them in a week and have had very little shedding. Then I decided to start them up again and I shed shortly after application. I also have a slight burning and itchy sensation after application. I'm thinking I might be having an allergic reaction to the Cu peptides, which is causing the hair to expel. I have used Cu peptides many times throughout the past and associated nothing but shedding with them. I'm begining to think I better not use them. Does anyone else have this problem??????

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive been having the same problem, Im not sure if your scalp has to get used to it or not, maybe its a sign that its working. Anyone?!

Tony Montana

G

That´s funny I have the same problem. I thought it was only in my head since CU peptides are suposed to be the bomb in terms of healing.

I used Tricomin for about 2 weeks, nothing but the same sheds. Then I stopped and about 10 days later no sheds. The thing is - I don´t think that respons will be that quick.

Hell I´m back on CUs and again the sheds after virtually no shedding at all. And thing is - it´s nice hair falling out, not thin limp hair. I just don´t know?

Cassin

Reaction score
Cu's are supposed to do the opposite. IMO I doubt it's the Copper-Peptides. I haven't had a shed since I started using them.

But I suppose anything that can cause regrowth can cause a shed.

viperfish

Reaction score
Yeah they make me shed like crazy I guess I'll just settle for nizoral. I really do think that it is an allergic reaction to the peptides. I'm done with it.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nesta said:
That´s funny I have the same problem. I thought it was only in my head since CU peptides are suposed to be the bomb in terms of healing.

I used Tricomin for about 2 weeks, nothing but the same sheds. Then I stopped and about 10 days later no sheds. The thing is - I don´t think that respons will be that quick.

Hell I´m back on CUs and again the sheds after virtually no shedding at all. And thing is - it´s nice hair falling out, not thin limp hair. I just don´t know?

Im having the same issues, thick black hair down the drain. This is so weird!!! Damn it, what to do..what to do!!!!

Cassin

Reaction score
There is a study done on CP's and post hair transplant patients that show that CP's prevent sheds. http://www.skinbiology.com is a nightmare to navigate and I am too lazy to look. Plus someone can email Dr Pickart and see what he has to say about it.

copperbeauty@earthlink.net

If Dr Pickart answers, it generally takes 2 days for a reply. I have sent him tons of emails and he always answers and seems to be honest. I had one that addressed this topic but I erased it 2 months ago since no one ever talked about CP's then. How things come and go. :)

Reaction score
absmon said:
Does folligen and tricomin need to be washed off everyday?

I use folligen spray at night and then wash it off in the morning. It leaves my hair looking very thin and leaves a texture on it that looks like some kinda weird hair gel.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for my tricomin to arrive. I am no longer sure whether to use it because some of you are starting to report sheds on it. Yet, anti-inflamatories are considered vital for the longer term because inflammation is considered as an important cause of hair loss. I was looking forward to applying it in the mornings after my minoxidl applications because it would give a thicker look, but my hair has looked really good over the last week or so and don't want to spoil it.

Are you guys still continuing to use tricomin or dropping it from your regimen. If tricomin does not work, I will consider folligen, but I can't see that as being too different as the main ingredient in both is copper peptide. also, some of you have mentioned folligen makes hair look thinner.

Perhaps, the shed is due to adding a new component to one's regimen or more likely an allergic reaction.

G

Yeah all this talk of sheds (immediately after use :freaked: ) is kinda putting me off ordering some Folligen, I was about to place my order but I might wait and see if you lot go completely bald first!

Ty

G

I used Tricomin for two weeks, kept shedding and stopped. Then two weeks after stopping I saw this amazing growth - now isn´t it likely that the amazing growth came after usage of Tricomin?

Now I used Tricomin again for 2 weeks, shed and now stopped using it - I will report back.

Reaction score
I've used folligen spray for about 3 weeks now. I have seen no shedding. The only time I lose hairs from it is if I rub it too hard into my scalp or purposefuly try to make hairs come out by rubbing my head.

I have, however, noticed my hairline's vellus hairs start to grow longer not to any comesmetically acceptable level but I can still notice.

Like anything in your regimen patience and persistence is the key. Just giving something two weeks is not enough. Give it a try atleast for a month or two before you start blaming the product for your "shedding".