Sheeding after 6 month therapy of finasteride 1 mg + minox5%

andika.afriansyah

Reaction score
I wanna share my story n asking about my condition. im using finasteride 1 mg and minoxidil 5%. after 4 month of therapy, my hair is growth. im very happy for the succsessfull of therapy.my friend told me that my hair become denser. but, after 6 month after therapy, (just right now), my hair become sheeding again. and my hair look thinner, my scalp can see again. i alwayas eat my finesteride once daily and using the minoxidil. actually, i don't know what to do. any suggestion? i'm little depresed of my condition. i'm attached my photo so all of you can give me sollution
[attachment=2:hjtchipt]IMG00136-20110827-0520.jpg[/attachment:hjtchipt][attachment=1:hjtchipt]IMG00514-20111223-0219.jpg[/attachment:hjtchipt]
[attachment=0:hjtchipt]IMG00613-20120117-1927.jpg[/attachment:hjtchipt]

Attachments

• IMG00136-20110827-0520.jpg
    IMG00136-20110827-0520.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG00514-20111223-0219.jpg
    IMG00514-20111223-0219.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG00613-20120117-1927.jpg
    IMG00613-20120117-1927.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 389

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,Andika.First i am sorry for my bad english,but it's not my native language.So ..i am in the exact situation as yours.I started finasteride before almost 6 months...months 1-2-3 shedding hard,4-5 amazing regrowth and now month 6 again hard shedding after the regrowth..i dont know what to do... i was using minoxidil for the first 2 months of the treatment and then after the regrowth decided to stop,wanted to see if minoxidil is working for me..i dont know why i am shedding so bad now..because of the finasteride or because i stopped minoxidil..for now i will use only Nizoral 2% keto and finasteride 1mg/day and i hope that everything will be ok,if not i will start minoxidil again.

Month 2-3 on finasteride.

4236806u.jpg

4281072o.jpg

4281075A.jpg

Month 5..

4281134J.jpg

Month 6

You are not alone buddy... i hope that you feel better now,when you know that you are not alone in such situation .relax,i hope that everything will be ok,be patient and keep the regimen. :)

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I also shed a lot now after month 7 but I don't think I've lost ground.

In any case, you're way above baseline. I don't have any reason to assume that all of a sudden treatments don't work for you after such a short amount of time. I truly believe it is bad hairshafts leaving for better and thicker hair. Continue your treatment, my best bet is that your hair will come back after some time, only thicker and stronger. If you stop treatment, you will definitely lose your hair again...

Good luck!

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about me,or about him?Whatever.I hope that you are right...there is no sense..just no sense mate.. after 5 months of using it i had very good regrowth..and month 6 started to shed very badly...i believe that this shedding is for good..as it was last time :( it should be..

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes,dude i know it..but i am not sure that the regrowth was because of the minoxidil..because 2 years ago when i noticed hairloss,i used only minoxidil for 1 year... and then my hair got worse and decided to try minoxidil + finasteride + nizoral 2% keto.... dont know what to do..i am shedding now..i will wait till the end of the shedding..when i see that there is no shedding no hairs on my hand i will give it 2 months time to regrowth... i just want to see in what condition my hair will get back after the shedding..i think this will be the answer..just in case if my hair will be back thinner i will start minoxidil + may be S5 cream.

andika.afriansyah

Reaction score
Ben said:
maximiliandreams stopping minoxidil is really not a good idea since some of your growth will have been because of it. If you stop you simply lose any hair you gained while taking it.

i agree with you ben. stopping minoxidil is not a good idea because i think minoxidil make hair thicker. sheeding afteri using minoxidil is because of restoration of the hair follicle. thick hairs are push out the thin hair. i think the mechanism of minoxidil is like that. n finastride make the dht lower, so that it cannot break our hair follicle. but, actually, until now, my hari always sheeding, using minoxidil n finastride. i don't know why it happen

Lincoln

Reaction score
I have the same situation. 8 months of perfect going, without shedding. In one week, I lost a lot! Very much :/