Shiney Tape Problem

Hairiam

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and would like to ask for advice from it's extensive resources.

I started wearing a lace front and top hairpiece with poly around the rear and side. Overall, I am happy with the look of it except at the frontal hairline. I have the hair combed back. It is of moderate density in the front and shows my scalp when I put a little gel in it- a natural look for my age (53). I use tape and adhesive to hold the front in place. Here's the problem...at certain angles the light reflects off the tape creating an unatural shine. This is true in bright light you might find in a restaurant over a table in the evening. I've tried the "no shine" tapes and skin colored makeup without much improvement. I've considered not using tape, but since I remove the piece daily, I'm afraid this would tear the lace after a short time. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Grimoire

Reaction score
There are some new tapes on the market that have almost no shine at all. One is Eagle Lace tape and the other is Walker No-Shine. These are both strong tapes - good for a week or more.

Hairiam

Reaction score
I currently use Walker and I'm still seeing too much shine under certain light conditions and at certain angles.

CCS

Reaction score
Some people touch the tape with their finger to dull it. My problem was that the adhesive never fully dried. It was always tacky and my hair would stick to it if it came in contact.