Shock loss

luke 21:18

Reaction score
I recently had a hair transplant but am suffering severe shock loss, especially in the front . I asked the doctor not to go all the way across becausse i was afraid of this happening, but he came pretty close to bringing the hairline together. Will shock loss hairs grow back? Or are the gone forever, and is there anything that I might be able to do, aside from the big 3 to help maintain the surronding area of the transplant? Any advice is much appreciated thank you.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends on how strong they were before the hair transplant, if they were on the way out its possible they wont grow back. But if they were healthy then they should. Unless of course the surgeon transected the follicles when he implanted the new ones.
Anyway using meds should help a little.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Unless of course the surgeon transected the follicles when he implanted the new ones.

saf, could you explain this a little... how does it happen?

luke 21:18

Reaction score
Thanks s.a.f, by meds do you mean the big 3? Also i'm afraid if I continue with rogaine in transplanted hair, new hairs will become dependable on rogaine/minoxidil as well

Petchsky

Reaction score
patagonia said:
s.a.f said:
Unless of course the surgeon transected the follicles when he implanted the new ones.

Happens when the Doctor makes the slits for the grafts to go in. A skilled surgeon shouldn't cause any transection.

Marantha - I'm sure it will grow back, shock loss normally does, I have some shock loss too, pain in the ***.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
patagonia said:
s.a.f said:

Happens when the Doctor makes the slits for the grafts to go in. A skilled surgeon shouldn't cause any transection.

Yeah its possible for the surgeon to damage surrounding hair follicles when he makes the new slits.