Shoes Story [23 - 6mo on 1mg finistride] (pics)

Shoes

Reaction score
Growing up I have always had really thin hair, even as a little kid.
About a year and a half ago I noticed my hair was receding in the front, it was probably going on longer, but since I have thin hair I didn't notice.
I noticed early last year and didn't really know what to do about it, I was to embarrassed to go to a doctor. I started wearing a hat to hide my hair.
Eventually after doing a lot of research I mustered up the courage to go see the doctor about it and get a prescription for Propecia. This was around September 1st 2008.

I ended up with a 2 month supply, and when I went to get a new prescription the doctor recommended I use Proscar instead and cut it up in quarters since it was cheaper, so that's what I have been doing since.

My right side has always been very noticeably more receded than my left. This kind of concerns me, I have started to sleep on my left side hoping that it will help somehow.

After 6 months of using only finistride, I have noticed a definite improvement, so I'm happy about that. I just hope I keep seeing improvement so I can get rid of the hat.

I have some pictures to share, they are taken with a webcam, so they aren't the greatest quality. My Hair is much longer in the newer pics, so the gain might look better than it actually is. I have still noticed quite a bit of improvement though.

Left side of my head, May 2 2008. (4 months before I started taking finistride)
16h46iv.jpg

Left side of my head, April 8 2009 (6 months after I started taking finistride)
2hx1wky.jpg

Right side of my head, May 2 2008. (4 months before I started taking finistride)
2gwfi4g.jpg

Right side of my head, April 8 2009 (6 months after I started taking finistride)

2ueoc2r.jpg

Top of my head, May 2 2008. (4 months before I started taking finistride)
nwau0m.jpg

Top of my head, April 8 2009 (6 months after I started taking finistride)
2u5xf9h.jpg

Bufo boreas

Reaction score
it looks like good to me man.
least your doctor hooked you up with a prescription.

my doctor won't even let me go see a dermatologist lol

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks good man.

Regrowth and maintainence can be hard to see. Keep it up and the results will come.

Shoes

Reaction score
Bufo boreas said:
it looks like good to me man.
least your doctor hooked you up with a prescription.

my doctor won't even let me go see a dermatologist lol

Try going to a walk in clinic, that's what I did.

3 different doctors have hooked me up.

The last one gave me a years worth, so I'm set for a while.