Shootingguard's Story

shootingguard

Established Member
Reaction score
i used to have pretty good hair, but shortly after i started university i noticed that it was really thinning pretty badly. i tried natural supplements and that seemed to really slow the loss down. with long hair, i could even style my hair to better hide it. my hairloss has really made me feel quite miserable so i started taking saw palmetto daily and nizoral three times weekly. i just ordered fincar and will start taking 1.25mg of it daily (one pill/4). i know, i know, it's really bad...any help would be greatly appreciated.

iphone009z.jpg

iphone010.jpg

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Age?

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
well, you've got the nizoral and finasteride down, so all you really need is minoxidil and you'll be on your way to regrowth most likely. i've seen alot of cases with people having hair like yours that get back to full regrowth actually. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

shootingguard

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 21...would you definitely suggest the minoxidil, or can I get off without using it? I've heard that you build up a dependency on it and eventually it becomes ineffective.

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
well its possible to regrow hair with propecia and nizoral, but if you want the maximum effect then adding minoxidil is ideal. your hair is dependent on using it though. i don't think it loses its effectiveness with time, it's just that the balding eventually progresses so bad that it isn't off-setting as well anymore. but that's why you take finasteride, so the hairloss stops and then the minoxidil has free reign on the follicles to promote growth. you can just using nizoral and finasteride for a year and then evaluate your situation. probably a smart route.

shootingguard

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what my hair looked like in January 2006...I was just browsing through old pictures thinking back to the good old days. Wish I hadn't, I just made myself feel like crap.

I've been taking Nizoral 2% for about 2 months now, and been on 1.25% daily finasteride for about five weeks. Is it too soon to add minoxidil to my regimen, or should I give the finasteride some time on its own?

Attachments

• cleanup 031.JPG
    cleanup 031.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 173