Short Thick Hairs 1 Inch With White Almost Gooey Bulb

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i am no longer getting this type of shed but before i started treatment i had these short black thick hairs that if i gently touched them they would come out but never shed out in shower..it was like they were placed there but no anchor..and the white build was thick opaque and 'moist' or soft to touch not hard/dry.

anyway after i saw DR he put me on Keto 2% and he found me deficient in Iron and D..started me on this..he wants to get my iron ferritin up to 70 and my hemoglobin up i forget but he thinks i have a hair loss problem at least partially due to iron..

after i saw him and i used shampoo and first two to four weeks massive (for me) shed of these dark short hairs..they basically all fell out..i was not panicked because i doubt they would have stayed in my head..This shed simmered down...

Now if i shed they are just a few short ones and they are very skinny...The hair on my head if i tug on any new 1 inch growth they are anchored in there although they are skinny at tips for a while..as they grow longer they seem to thicken up BUT way too soon to know if this is good vs bad.. Been on shampoo for 4 months..I had another slight shed when i upped my iron dosage from 1x a day to 3 x a day..about two weeks later i had a (for me) big shed of very skinny weak looking long hairs and shorter hairs.

So i really more so out of curiosity would love to know what those short thick hair with the gooey white bulb were all about?

Anyone have hairs like that that were so easily 'removed' i dont even want to say tugged--from head?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whenever I hear "thick white bulb" I think Telogen Effluvium. I just know from experience that whenever I have Telogen Effluvium, almost all my shed hairs are thick with this white clubby looking bulb at the end.

How often are you using 2% keto? You don't want to use that stuff more than 2-3 per week. It's harsh as hell.

The new growth is tapered and thin at the end because this is how hair growth starts. It's a good sign. As the fiber extends longer and longer, you will notice it gets continually thicker at the base.

I personally find the worst kind of shed is when you're losing BOTH thin and thick hairs, mixed. It means your hair is miniaturizing and Androgenetic Alopecia is taking it's toll.

Don't read too much into this stuff. It will make you crazy. Just do the best you can on the meds, try to ignore what hairs are falling out and see where you are in a few months.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whenever I hear "thick white bulb" I think Telogen Effluvium. I just know from experience that whenever I have Telogen Effluvium, almost all my shed hairs are thick with this white clubby looking bulb at the end.

How often are you using 2% keto? You don't want to use that stuff more than 2-3 per week. It's harsh as hell.

The new growth is tapered and thin at the end because this is how hair growth starts. It's a good sign. As the fiber extends longer and longer, you will notice it gets continually thicker at the base.

I personally find the worst kind of shed is when you're losing BOTH thin and thick hairs, mixed. It means your hair is miniaturizing and Androgenetic Alopecia is taking it's toll.

Don't read too much into this stuff. It will make you crazy. Just do the best you can on the meds, try to ignore what hairs are falling out and see where you are in a few months.

@buckthorn Thanks for responding, it really helps.

I use the shampoo small amount 3 times per week. So far no dryness..Does it tend to dry out peoples hair or scalp?