Shoud I cut my hair short?

genki21

Reaction score
I have black hair, no receding hairline, just diffuse thinning all around the top and front. I started proscar a little over 3 months ago and have been using nizoral for the same amount of time.

Right now my hair is about 3 inches long at the top/front. I usually just wear a hat, but when I can't I use couvre to hide my thinning. I like having my hair shorter but I'm going through a big shed and my hair is super thin now. At this point I don't know how it would look short since I've never been this thin before.

Could someone give me some advice? I know this sounds stupid but do you think it would look better or worse short? I mean shaved in the back/sides to a 1 guard gradually longer to the top. Top hair would be maybe a little over an inch. Would this make the couvre stand out more/harder to hide??

DJ007

Reaction score
Im in the same boat,i have black hair 3in long and a diff thinning.I have been on proscar for 1&half months too.
I have just had mine cut short all round with clippers on no1, with the top a little longer.Its not as bad as i thought
Its nice not having to use thickening shampoo and thickening gel and to have to play the cover the scalp game evertime.
Less maintenance and less scalp redness too for me.I going to keep it short untill i hopfully see an improvement from the proscar & nizoral.
I say go for it and if any one comments on your short haircut like they have for me its like `well its my summer time haircut`
Good luck bro

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never tried couvre but if you use DERMMATCH and put it on your scalp and hair it really thickens it up. I have a fade on the sides and the top is like an inch and you can even notice the concealer.