Should I bring anything to the doctor?

Zeitgeist

Reaction score
Well, I have an appointment with the doctor tommorow [ a week later i have one with derma ] anyway, I want to get prescibed either Propecia or Proscar, I am wondering if there is any literture I can bring with me to help convince him if he is not very sure of the side-effects, etc

Thanks

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you might want to give the doctor a list of internet links that they could read thru? A blood test might be handy, because hair condition and shedding can be related to health issues, and the doctor/dermatologist maybe be able to use the information regarding your hairloss with the blood test results.

G

I think that telling him you have done research should convince him. Just be confident. If you are sure you know what you are on about then it should be OK.

He should have a book where he can look up the two drugs. He is a fool if he will not prescribe Proscar.

G

Zeitgeist said:
Well, I have an appointment with the doctor tommorow [ a week later i have one with derma ] anyway, I want to get prescibed either Propecia or Proscar, I am wondering if there is any literture I can bring with me to help convince him if he is not very sure of the side-effects, etc

Thanks

and some paper and coloured pens, just in case you get bored in the waiting room :)

Zeitgeist

Reaction score
just got home, i was in there for all of 2 minutes. told him my problem and i was looking at propecia, he asked me if i wanted it - wrote me a 5 month prescription and ill be back in 5 months.

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
damn that went smooth..my Doctor said minoxidil first...

nice work

G

Zeitgeist said:
just got home, i was in there for all of 2 minutes. told him my problem and i was looking at propecia, he asked me if i wanted it - wrote me a 5 month prescription and ill be back in 5 months.

Did you not ask for Proscar, it would have been cheaper for you??