Should I Get A Hair Transplant Now? (pics Posted)

Should I get a hair transplant?

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChristopherM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have definite hair loss at my temple region however, not much has changed since I was 21 and now I am 35. I have been taking propecia since 21 and using Rogaine and Nizoral on and off. As of a few years ago, I started using a 1.5 mm Microneedle on my head once a week and have definitely noticed my hair has become thicker. I also take Biotin regularly and use Nizoral much more regularly now.

I have posted some pictures below. I am very uncertain about getting a transplant now because of the following:

1. The scar from a strip transplant. The doctor has assured me he can cover this up very well so that it's barely noticeable but I am still worried about this and I really don't want to do FUE because I've heard bad things about that too.
2. Not sure I should do it until I've lost more hair but I would really like a straighter hairline. I'm just worried that a hair transplant in the front won't make it look natural or as thick, is this true?
3. Should I wait to get one later on?

Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best,
Chris

Attachments

• Photo on 4-17-17 at 6.24 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-17-17 at 6.24 PM.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 558
  • Photo on 4-17-17 at 6.25 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-17-17 at 6.25 PM.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 515
  • Photo on 4-17-17 at 6.25 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 4-17-17 at 6.25 PM #2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 535
  • Photo on 4-17-17 at 6.25 PM #3.jpg
    Photo on 4-17-17 at 6.25 PM #3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 509

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have definite hair loss at my temple region however, not much has changed since I was 21 and now I am 35. I have been taking propecia since 21 and using Rogaine and Nizoral on and off. As of a few years ago, I started using a 1.5 mm Microneedle on my head once a week and have definitely noticed my hair has become thicker. I also take Biotin regularly and use Nizoral much more regularly now.

I have posted some pictures below. I am very uncertain about getting a transplant now because of the following:

1. The scar from a strip transplant. The doctor has assured me he can cover this up very well so that it's barely noticeable but I am still worried about this and I really don't want to do FUE because I've heard bad things about that too.
2. Not sure I should do it until I've lost more hair but I would really like a straighter hairline. I'm just worried that a hair transplant in the front won't make it look natural or as thick, is this true?
3. Should I wait to get one later on?

Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best,
Chris

What bad things have you heard about FUE? Also check out some of Rahal (FUT) or Erdogan's (FUE) hairlines. They say that you can't achieve original density with a hair transplant, but in your case the loss is so small that a master dense packer can achieve equal to original density.

ChristopherM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi JeanLuc, thank you so much for your reply. I truly appreciate it. To answer your question, I've heard that FUE leaves spots with no hair making the back of your scalp look strange. I've heard FUT leaves the scar but my potential surgeon said he's also a plastic surgeon so they can fix that and he told me that FUT is better. I really just would like a straighter hairline and to be able to style my hair differently, however I feel that it may not look natural to lower my hairline, so I'm a bit worried.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi JeanLuc, thank you so much for your reply. I truly appreciate it. To answer your question, I've heard that FUE leaves spots with no hair making the back of your scalp look strange. I've heard FUT leaves the scar but my potential surgeon said he's also a plastic surgeon so they can fix that and he told me that FUT is better. I really just would like a straighter hairline and to be able to style my hair differently, however I feel that it may not look natural to lower my hairline, so I'm a bit worried.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...istanbul-3070-grafts-fue.104983/#post-1470619

That's my surgery from last week and at the bottom you can see how the back of my head looks after only one week. To be honest most people who have asked about my new hairline don't even notice a difference at the back anymore.

Don't go to a surgeon who is also a plastic surgeon, ONLY stick with doctors who only do hair transplants. Simply put, FUT is EASIER than FUE, but the yield rate with a master FUE and FUT surgeon won't be any different. Also FUT is better at maximising harvest from the donor area. In your case you have so little loss at your age that total donor yield will never be an issue if you stay on finasteride so I wouldn't bother with FUT preference wise. Any surgeon who says they can fix the linear scar is a liar. You can get a fake hair tattoo over it or implant hairs onto it to make it look better but it is still noticeable at very short lengths.

The only surgeons I'd look into because of your interest in a dense hairline (and because you have the money for a local doctor which are usually expensive) are Dr Keser and Dr Erdogan for FUE in Istanbul and Rahal in Canada for FUT. These are the guys getting the best dense packed hairlines I've seen lately.

R

ravsharan

Look for ‘hair transplant’ and taking propecia on the internet and you’re likely to get reviews about Propecia or hair transplant techniques. It treats male pattern baldness available via prescription. But despite being medically approved, some doctors are still reluctant to prescribe this drug as there have been no sure long term studies about its safety.

ChristopherM

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...istanbul-3070-grafts-fue.104983/#post-1470619

That's my surgery from last week and at the bottom you can see how the back of my head looks after only one week. To be honest most people who have asked about my new hairline don't even notice a difference at the back anymore.

Don't go to a surgeon who is also a plastic surgeon, ONLY stick with doctors who only do hair transplants. Simply put, FUT is EASIER than FUE, but the yield rate with a master FUE and FUT surgeon won't be any different. Also FUT is better at maximising harvest from the donor area. In your case you have so little loss at your age that total donor yield will never be an issue if you stay on finasteride so I wouldn't bother with FUT preference wise. Any surgeon who says they can fix the linear scar is a liar. You can get a fake hair tattoo over it or implant hairs onto it to make it look better but it is still noticeable at very short lengths.

The only surgeons I'd look into because of your interest in a dense hairline (and because you have the money for a local doctor which are usually expensive) are Dr Keser and Dr Erdogan for FUE in Istanbul and Rahal in Canada for FUT. These are the guys getting the best dense packed hairlines I've seen lately.

Thank you so much for all this information JeanLuc. Have you heard of Dr. Andrew Kleinman ( http://cosmeticsurgerywestchester.com/ ), this is the doctor I've been considering.

ChristopherM

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have been using propecia for 14 year ? and it has maitained your hair ? wow great result .
Yeah, 14 years now, geez now that I think about it that is forever. My hairline hasn't changed since I've been taking that, using rogaine, and the other things I've mentioned in my regimen.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all this information JeanLuc. Have you heard of Dr. Andrew Kleinman ( http://cosmeticsurgerywestchester.com/ ), this is the doctor I've been considering.

Definitely go to a transplant doctor not a plastic surgeon. This guy is a nobody. What kind of budget are you looking at? For your situation because your focus is on a smallish number of grafts and a dense hairline the only doctors worth going to and good value are European FUE doctors like Lupanzula in Belgium, Erdogan in Istanbul or Dr Keser also in Istanbul. Dr Keser does denser packing than any other surgeon I know of but he only does about 700 grafts a day and I suspect you need 2500-3000. If you don't mind the strip scar with FUT then Rahal in Canada is the best option.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like others have said, go to a renowned surgeon, much better chance of great yields. Don't base it on your location.

The best, Erdogan, Lupanzula, Bisaga, Rahal.

If you want cheaper options but still a good track record, Demirsoy, Cinik.

ChristopherM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like others have said, go to a renowned surgeon, much better chance of great yields. Don't base it on your location.

The best, Erdogan, Lupanzula, Bisaga, Rahal.

If you want cheaper options but still a good track record, Demirsoy, Cinik.

Thank you so much for your words and advice! The reason I was going to use Dr. Andrew Kleinman in Westchester, NY was because he's only $3 a graft for FUT but I'm becoming more and more convinced that FUE might be the way to go.