Should I Get A Hairtransplant To Get Back To My Original State?

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinking of getting hairtransplant.
Hair is long but temples reeceding and hairline diffusing and ye im on finastride
Would i able to achieve thicker hair in the temples and better hairline with one or will it look unatural?
P.s my hair on top is actually thin just looks thick post shower &conditioner

Attachments

• Point Blur_Feb022019_212623.jpg
    Point Blur_Feb022019_212623.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 311
  • Point Blur_Feb022019_212925.jpg
    Point Blur_Feb022019_212925.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Point Blur_Feb022019_213229.jpg
    Point Blur_Feb022019_213229.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 291

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
uh go see a therapist dude....maybe in 15 yrs when you lose hair you should get a hair transplant

Iam loosing my hair pal, its not in my head, hence why im taking finastride. Everyone has different expectations what they would like to achieve with their own individual hair. Unfortunately the finastride just killled my hair and now have to explore other options to try restore it/delay the mbp

Last edited:

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair before in the 1st pic
The 2nd and 3rd pic is my hair now

Attachments

• Point Blur_Feb012019_151646-1.jpg
    Point Blur_Feb012019_151646-1.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Point Blur_Feb022019_102013.jpg
    Point Blur_Feb022019_102013.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 249
  • Point Blur_Jan312019_234740.jpg
    Point Blur_Jan312019_234740.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 259

el_duterino

Reaction score
hair looks fine mate

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
El duterino its been fryed of from the finastride and made me reeced accelerating my mbp!
Had that reflex hyrdroandgenicity thing.

Last edited:

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
El duterino its been fryed of from the finastride and made me reeced accelerating my mbp
Had that reflex hyrdroandgenicity thing.
Yep, thats it. Not touching that mess.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been on Finasteride long enough to ride out the potential shedding phase?
Also you said the top was thinning out.. It is believed that Finasteride helps the crown more than the hairline;have you noticed any change?
Like yourself, i have long hair and intend to keep it (my balding was much more advanced) so i went for a FUT with the recipient area shaved, and looking very odd right now with long hair at the back and frontal third shaved. You sound like you are also not the type to want a full shave .. So FUT might be an option for you.
However, i wouldn't do it unless you manage to stabilise the hair loss first. Have you tried other known treatments such as Minoxidil or micrineedling?

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been on Finasteride long enough to ride out the potential shedding phase?
Also you said the top was thinning out.. It is believed that Finasteride helps the crown more than the hairline;have you noticed any change?
Like yourself, i have long hair and intend to keep it (my balding was much more advanced) so i went for a FUT with the recipient area shaved, and looking very odd right now with long hair at the back and frontal third shaved. You sound like you are also not the type to want a full shave .. So FUT might be an option for you.
However, i wouldn't do it unless you manage to stabilise the hair loss first. Have you tried other known treatments such as Minoxidil or micrineedling?
Finasteride is a shotgun approach at combating hair loss. Any follicles that are destined to be attacked by dht, will be allievated. Finasteride has no particular direction in combating hair loss, however treatments generally show most effectiveness
on vertex to crown. Hairline is the hardest to recover.

Side note, did you finance procedure? Best of luck

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is a shotgun approach at combating hair loss. Any follicles that are destined to be attacked by dht, will be allievated. Finasteride has no particular direction in combating hair loss, however treatments generally show most effectiveness
on vertex to crown. Hairline is the hardest to recover.

Side note, did you finance procedure? Best of luck

Sorry to hijack this post lol...
Yeah I never really understood the reason Finasteride being more effective on the vertex but it seems well known... Mine was always diffusely thinned on top so it was difficult to spot the difference (if it had any). My temples on the other hand was almost shiny bald, so the impact was visible (but limited).
Thanks, yes I financed it myself (added mortgage burden lol) and had it done 8 weeks ago and suffering from the dreaded phase right now but hoping for the best.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No ive only been on it for 2 weeks.
In fairness i do feel my crown area is less itchy and halted abit of the thinning in that area since i started taking it.
Thats the problem with FUT it leaves a much more visible scar and my hair at the back sheds alot more and dosent grow past a certain length, im not sure if i could do a FUT without it being noticable.
Regrettably id loose my long hair and opt for a FUE i think once my hair stabilizes if i could make the hair around the temple areas look more dense without it looking unatural.
I havent tried other treatments such as monixdle or microneedling, i wanted to just maintain what i had i was quite reluctant to start applying foam on everyday.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also do you think the hairs which have been allieviated by the predisposed dht and the wispy hairs at the front which are the ones that have been "attacked' by the dht will grow back? Or does the finastride likely just stabilize your inevitable harline you were going to have

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No ive only been on it for 2 weeks.
In fairness i do feel my crown area is less itchy and halted abit of the thinning in that area since i started taking it.
Thats the problem with FUT it leaves a much more visible scar and my hair at the back sheds alot more and dosent grow past a certain length, im not sure if i could do a FUT without it being noticable.
Regrettably id loose my long hair and opt for a FUE i think once my hair stabilizes if i could make the hair around the temple areas look more dense without it looking unatural.
I havent tried other treatments such as monixdle or microneedling, i wanted to just maintain what i had i was quite reluctant to start applying foam on everyday.

With your length of hair, scar will never be visible unless you lift up the locks and look for it. Please feel free to see my pics... I don't have any pics of the scar because it is so hard to take, and really not much to see. Also yours wouldn't look half as ridiculous because only a smaller area would need to be shaved with FUT (unlike mine lol).
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/fut-with-dr-b-sanga-3567-grafts-today.119007/

Think of it this way: from a fully shaved head, that length is probably a good 3-4 year's growth, whereas the way I did mine will hopefully be around a year before looking 'normal' again. But if growing from a fully shaved head isn't an issue for you, FUE is fine too. I do think you need to give more time and try other treatments to stabilise before considering it though.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the second thought....a FUT is generally recommended for those at more advance stages. I guess if you really need such a small amount and it might unnecessarily extract more grafts than you need. Go for FUE then!

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With your length of hair, scar will never be visible unless you lift up the locks and look for it. Please feel free to see my pics... I don't have any pics of the scar because it is so hard to take, and really not much to see. Also yours wouldn't look half as ridiculous because only a smaller area would need to be shaved with FUT (unlike mine lol).
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/fut-with-dr-b-sanga-3567-grafts-today.119007/

Think of it this way: from a fully shaved head, that length is probably a good 3-4 year's growth, whereas the way I did mine will hopefully be around a year before looking 'normal' again. But if growing from a fully shaved head isn't an issue for you, FUE is fine too. I do think you need to give more time and try other treatments to stabilise before considering it though.

Cheers, your treatment looked to have gone well.
Perhaps the scar wouldnt be that visble with long hair but maybe in the future id want a haircut and then in hindsight i should of opted for a FUE.
I know it sucks abit i grew out my hair for 3+years so shaving it after all that will be abit sh*t.
I will probably wait abit for my hair to stablize but should i cut of those wispy hairs and hope for it grow back thick or just let it shed and hope for it to grow back? At the moment they are just frail wirey hairs floating about, looks abit ridiculous.