Should I give up on my temples?

asdfg

Reaction score
Hello,

In advance I would like to apologize for my English as it is not my first language.

I have been using BIG 3 for two years in attempt to stop hairloss and with a hope of possible regrowth. I was 19 at that time and till today I am not experiencing any side effects whatsoever. I am 21 now.

The thing that drives me insane is the fact that even though I was consistent and commited to treatment I was not able to regrow my temples to the point where I would be satisfied with them. I am posting 2 photos of my current situation and I am asking you guys if I should just give up on my hairline and be happy with what I have now, or there is something that can help me to restore them.

Attachments

• 20150609_163401.jpg
    20150609_163401.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 20150609_163742.jpg
    20150609_163742.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 216

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hair hasn't gotten any worse and has maintained from treatments, I would not stop them. I would not give up if I were you, especially if your hair hasn't been getting worse.

Keep in mind that getting temple hair regrowth is practically the hardest place on the scalp to have that happen, it's possible though. I always get very leery when someone claims on getting temple hair regrowth from treatments. Pics are a must if someone has a claim like that.

asdfg

Reaction score
Well I am using finasteride 1,25mg every day, minoxidil liquid 5% twice a day and nizoral 2% 3 times a week. Now I am thinking about changing regular minoxidil for minoxidil with azelaic acid, retinol and coffeine, or higher concentration of minoxidil such as 10% or 15%, do you think that it is a good idea ?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying the same, maybe try 10 or 15% minoxidil. I read a couple of horror stories about how it made some people's hairlines worse. I've also seen people sya it's better to save 15% minoxidil until later in life when minoxidil and finasteride lose effectiveness and you need to go for the heavy guns (dutasteride and 15% minoxidil). I would be very interested in hearing anyone's experiences with higher minoxidil doses. Or if anyone switched from once per day to twice a day and got better results (I switched a month ago but no difference so far.