Should I go for hair transplant?

ruebald

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am 27 and have been thinning for over 8 years. I think I am a NW3 with diffuse thinning. Please check my pictures. Also been on 10% minoxidil and Nizoral. Not wanting to use Finasteride as I used it once and it really scared me and I felt side effects. How many grafts should I get if I go for one?

Also will anyone recommend going for PRP and Mesotherapy?

Photo on 10-19-13 at 10.49 PM.jpgPhoto on 12-9-13 at 11.24 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 12-9-13 at 11.23 PM #9.jpgPhoto on 12-9-13 at 11.23 PM #5.jpg

Petchsky

Reaction score
That's more a diffuse NW5. You have a lot of scalp to cover there. What are your expectations from getting a hair transplant?

You could look in to getting a mega session 4/5k grafts, or leaving the crown bald, so you can get good density at the front, or try and cover all over but with thinner density...?

But you could try shaving it all off and see how you feel in a few months time, if you can accept being bald you will save yourself alot of time and expense. Also bear in mind that you need to choose the right hair transplant Doctor. as there are crooks out there that will cut you up and leave your scalp a real mess that will leave you wishing you were just bald, as oppossed to bald and scarred up with empty pockets. Not a decision to run lightly in to.

pfatehi

Reaction score
go for it! with a good Doctor!

Hi ruebald,
Your pics look similar to my BEFORE pics (I was also NW5). Only difference is that I decided to use Finasteride after hair transplant.
I got 2710 grafts and it made a HUGE difference for me (keep in mind, I used Finasteride). The hair transplant Doctor you use makes all the difference between a good transplant and bad transplant. Do your research and go with a Doctor that has had successes with people in the community (you can find online). You end up paying more in time, energy with a bad transplant.. so get it done right the first time.

I agree with the previous poster, my (nonmedical) advice is that if you are not going to use Finasteride, probably 4k-5k grafts would be the way to go. Are you sure you do not want to try Finasteride at a lower dosage and see if you have less side effects? Maybe the effects were psychosomatic..?

Many people find that traveling to the right Doctor is worth it.. my doctor's office put me up in a hotel and treated me right.. You can tell a lot about a doctor by having a consultation with him and talking with the staff. Where do you live?

About Finasteride, I've been on and off it many times, a couple times I quit because I was "scared" like you.. but it was more a mental thing. Overall, I've been on it probably about 5-6 years (on and off).

I am attaching a pic of my before/after.. remember, this is not a typical result.. but I just had a lot of good luck with the procedure, Doctor and meds at the same time. Also my donor density, donor quality was high. How is your donor area?

Hi guys,

I am 27 and have been thinning for over 8 years. I think I am a NW3 with diffuse thinning. Please check my pictures. Also been on 10% minoxidil and Nizoral. Not wanting to use Finasteride as I used it once and it really scared me and I felt side effects. How many grafts should I get if I go for one?

Also will anyone recommend going for PRP and Mesotherapy?

View attachment 23100View attachment 23101View attachment 23102View attachment 23103

Attachments

• BALDNOT.GIF
    BALDNOT.GIF
    9.9 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

ruebald

Reaction score
Ya definitely can try out the bald look and see how that goes. I was expecting maybe getting good density in the front and a little less on the crown. I am based out of New Delhi, India so will try to find a few good doctors here after some research.

That's more a diffuse NW5. You have a lot of scalp to cover there. What are your expectations from getting a hair transplant?

You could look in to getting a mega session 4/5k grafts, or leaving the crown bald, so you can get good density at the front, or try and cover all over but with thinner density...?

But you could try shaving it all off and see how you feel in a few months time, if you can accept being bald you will save yourself alot of time and expense. Also bear in mind that you need to choose the right hair transplant Doctor. as there are crooks out there that will cut you up and leave your scalp a real mess that will leave you wishing you were just bald, as oppossed to bald and scarred up with empty pockets. Not a decision to run lightly in to.