Should I start finasteride?

ddc

Reaction score
Some background: I'm 24, and I've been pretty obsessed with hair loss for a while. When I was younger I had really thick, curly hair. I grew it long but got it cut when I was 20, partly because I was sure I was going bald when I could see my scalp through my hair under a light. I also used to be a really bad hypocondriac and was convinced I was actually going to die about 2 years ago but took forever to go to the doctors. As well as the stress of all that, I work late evenings and go to bed between 3 and 5am and get up about 2pm feeling like I never slept at all.

So anyway, about 2 years ago I started to notice my hair wasn't as thick as it used to be all of a sudden. I know it's not thick because that's obvious, but I don't know if it's actually thinning. I haven't noticed a change in about a year, and I don't lose very many hairs through the day, maybe 15 in the shower. I don't mean to try and make excuses to convince myself, but the fact my hair is the same all over my head yet not receeding at all, and things like stress/diet, are making me wonder if this is male pattern baldness, or if it's even getting worse at all.

I'm not sure whether to start finasteride. I've been using Ketoxin/nizoral for a few months without noticing any change, but if it's not genetic, would it even work? I've attached photos of my hair wet and dried (with flash).

Attachments

• IMG_4873.JPG
    IMG_4873.JPG
    496.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    378.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    444.7 KB · Views: 200

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
Start finasteride now, you have difusse to Norwood 7 like a Steve Balmer

ddc

Reaction score
Hellboy666 said:
Start finasteride now, you have difusse to Norwood 7 like a Steve Balmer

not that i don't believe you, but with NW7, wouldn't your hair still be normal on the back and sides? it's the same all over, even down to my neck, infact if it's worse in any one place, it's just infront of my ears.

can you have your hair mapped by a GP on the nhs? i'm in the uk so that's the only option.