Should i start minoxidil

APSL

Reaction score
since being on propecia, my hairloss at the back and top of my head seems to have slowed down, especially at the back i think..hasnt gotten thinner since i started. but the front is a whole different story. my temples and hairline have taken a huge beating. they are extremely thin now. so i just wanted peoples different opinions on whether i should start minoxidil. most of my hairloss has been in the last 8 months but ive lost A LOT.

G

MINOXPAUSE.gif

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tyanW, that chart is untrue. Minoxidil only grow peach fuze hair so how can it grow more then Propecia when Propecia is FDA to grow real hair and Minoxidil or Rogaine is only FDA to grow peach fuze.[/quote]

jack2

Reaction score
Tynan, Do you really think the finasteride+min would be that high up? I sure hope so.

G

jack2 said:
Tynan, Do you really think the finasteride+min would be that high up? I sure hope so.

I have not got a clue, the chart is only topologically correct, that is the various combinations are in their correct ordinal positions (thereabouts).

Finasteride and minoxidil combined will generally outperform (in hair count) just minoxidil or just finasteride.

Minoxidil will generally outperform propecia in the short term.

Both used individually will generally outperform an un-medicated approach.