Should I Take Minoxidil For Short Period (less Than Year)?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Well basically I have diffuse thinning all around my head. On the sides of my head there are white 'strikes' with no hair which are quite visible.

I've been taking finasteride for 4 months without regrowth. I have read a lot of things about the Brotzu lotion which could come out in the next year.

Apparently according to the doctor who patented it, it works better than minoxidil, has fewer side effects (even children can use it) and only needs to be applied once daily then eventually twice weekly for maintenance.

I am wondering if I should use minoxidil on my white areas on the sides and perhaps my crown while waiting for this new product. Then if and when the new lotion is released replace minoxidil with that. I wouldn't plan to use minoxidil long term and if the brotzu lotion is not released I would just stop minoxidil.

Does that sound like a good idea? Would minoxidil keep the follicles healthier while waiting for the brotzu lotion?

Or does minoxidil run the risk of making my hair worse? I've heard it said that minoxidil "is for life", which I interpret to mean if you stop you lose all hairs gained and return to bassline. That would be OK, but what I don't want to happen is to lose more hairs because I'm currently stable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brotzu's lotion is still being tested. There is no guarantee it works (this is what tests are for!)
What side effects are you currently experiencing from minoxidil? If you have no heart problem, stick with it is my humble suggestion.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brotzu's lotion is still being tested. There is no guarantee it works (this is what tests are for!)
What side effects are you currently experiencing from minoxidil? If you have no heart problem, stick with it is my humble suggestion.

I have not yet begun taking minoxidil but I am now considering it. I am diffuse thinning with visible scalp on sides of scalp and little bit crown (I'm keeping my hair a bit longer to hide the visible scalp).

I didn't want to take minoxidil but on second thoughts I realise it might be the best thing to bridge me to hopefully Brotzu which like you said it is still undergoing tests.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't wait on future treatments. They aren't a guarantee, and you have limited time to breathe life into those dying follicles. Use what's available now.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not wait on any future treatments, start now and try to save and hold to what you still or you'll regret it in the future.

Btw it wouldn't be such a bad idea to take before pictures that show your current face situation in terms of wrinklea, especially around the eye. So if you ever feel like minoxidil turned u into an 85 year old man you'll have some pictures for comparison that were taken for that purpose.