Should I try RU58841?

Take It Parise

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Feeling really down about my situation lately and just thought I'd post to vent and also listen to some feed back from the "vets" out there. I'm currently 27 years old, noticed hair loss when I was 20 so I got a script for finasteride. Took that for a few years, and it worked great at maintaining my hair, but then decided to come off it permanently after realizing how great I felt when I came off it for a week. Eased back into in Jan. 2014 by going 1.25mg every 3rd day, to eventually 1.25 every day starting about end of July/beginning of Aug. 2014. I also started minoxidil (Rogaine Foam) in end of July as well. Rogaine ate away at my hairline and after 4 months of no results, plus sides (dark circles, forehead wrinkles, racing heart) I decided to drop it and did so beginning Dec. 2014.

I also started taking Dutasteride (Generic - Dutahair) beginning Oct. 20. Eased into that as well: Mon/Thurs for the first few weeks and now I'm up to Mon/Wed/Fri (still on finasteride. daily). So 2 months on dutasteride now. I do feel that it has thickened my existing hair, but my hairline seems to have thinned out. Hoping I'm just going through the initial dutasteride shed and not accelerated male pattern baldness.

Anyhow, after hearing all the "dutasteride destroyed my hairline" horror stories, I'm strongly considering RU for the hairline to keep things in check in case scalp testosterone actually does play a role in hair loss. Here are my pics from 1st day on dutasteride vs. Now. Blue shirt = Dec. 19, Gray shirt = Oct. 20. Let me know what you thinks. Cheers.

Attachments

• Dec. 19 Front.jpg
    Dec. 19 Front.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 525
  • Dec. 19 Left.jpg
    Dec. 19 Left.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 538
  • Dec. 19 Right.jpg
    Dec. 19 Right.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 809
  • Oct. 20 Front.jpg
    Oct. 20 Front.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 403
  • Oct. 20 Left.jpg
    Oct. 20 Left.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,986
  • Oct. 20 Right.jpg
    Oct. 20 Right.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 539

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
no you should not take it and stay on dutasteride, I would only use RU if sides make it impossible for you to use an oral AA. Shedding does not equal miniaturization. dutasteride is very powerful/effective and it's only been 2 months which is nothing. The hairline horror stories with dutasteride are BS, dutasteride is better for your hairline than finasteride, and better for your hairline than any other proven medicine

dutasteride inhibits like 99% of type II DHT or greater, basically the sole cause of male pattern baldness, so you should not continue to lose your hair. If your hairline fails to regrow it is probably due to miniaturization that happened before you started the dutasteride but wasn't obvious until you shed the hairs

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
what do you mean by you felt great when stopping finasteride? what types of things did you feel?

Take It Parise

Reaction score
Thanks zzzzz, appreciate the feed back. Def not giving up dutasteride, but was just wondering if it was worth adding a topical (other than minoxidil of course). But will keep at it and see how things go for the year.

- - - Updated - - -

what do you mean by you felt great when stopping finasteride? what types of things did you feel?

Slightly depressed, very moody, low libido, brain fog (didn't know about this until my head cleared up after stopping for a week, so it's not forum BS). I do feel a lot better being in finasteride./dutasteride. this time around than I did previously though.