should I use more than 1 treatment?

pete0428

Reaction score
Hi,
I realized I was thinning when I was 18 almost 3.5 years ago. Its not too bad yet and I don't think it is really noticeable to people. Right away I went on propecia and that seems to have helped stop or at least slow the shedding. Ever since I could remember, I could run my hands through my hair and pull out strand after strand. This has been going on since at least 15 or 16 years old, so I always just thought it was normal. I guess I could have been slowly losing it since then because the amount of shedding hasn't really increased, in fact I think it is shedding less now. My question to you guys is do you think I should use something now to try to regrow some of the hair in the thinned areas or wait until the propecia stops working? My worry is that I'm going to use everything now while the propecia is still effective, and then everything will eventually stop working and I will have no options left to move on to. If you think I should add in another treatment now, what would that be? Thanks I really appreciate any answers

p.s. Does weight lifting increase hairloss due to increased test levels? I normally workout consistently but I haven't been able to for the last 8 or 9 months due to my busy schedule , and I was thinking maybe this had something to do with the decrease in shedding. just a thought, probly wrong.

FTank

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether to add rogaine foam or not myself. It seems there may be good potential for me adding the foam but my hair loss has gotten pretty noticeable pretty quick so my situation is different than yours.

The problem with the rogaine I guess is having to stick to it for many, many years. It's a difficult decison. I guess I am holding out hope that I will respond well to propecia as taking a pill a day is so easy. I guess it comes down to personaly preferance on adding the rogiane.

I'm guessing you already use some sort of nizoral shampoo. This is easy to do and many seem to think that it may increase the effectriveness of propecia. Although there is not 100% agreement on this.

From what I gathered reading about weight lifting and hair loss is that it probably doesn't speed up baldness but there is no way to know for sure 100%. I figure the benefits of weight lifting and having a good body outweight the risk of it maybe slightly having an effect on male pattern baldness. Someone else might be able to give you a beter answer.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Foam is really easy to use, you can use it once a day if you are really lazy.

FTank

Reaction score
Hmmm once a day effectice? I'm tempted to start foam on the front of 1/3 of my hairline/ temples where the finasteride is supposed to be the least effective.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
FTank said:
Hmmm once a day effectice? I'm tempted to start foam on the front of 1/3 of my hairline/ temples where the finasteride is supposed to be the least effective.

u gotta try it out, what works for me might not work for you.

Most of the users do twice a day as recommanded.