Siamon's Story - (age 20, pics) 17.11.08 updated!

siamon

Reaction score

Hello,
My name is Simon and i am 20 years old student. I live healthy life do a lot of sports etc...
And here i was thinking life couldnt get any better(just kidding) when i came across pictrue of me and some friends...i couldnt belive my eyes. I was losing hair for certain. It is even more difficult for me because i am known for having "insane" hairstyles. I used to wear dreadlocks for about 2 years and lately i was all into the asian hairstyle(the spikey one). Well untill i figured i can't keep combing my hair over my forehead, because when wind blows(this happens often if u do any sports) the impact of my big forehead is even more devastating. Maby you think i am exaggerating..but you have all been in my situation so you know how disturbing it is. Well i looked up more pictures and i can say that i have been losing hair for past two to three years. In the last year or so I was using vichys dercos aminexil s***... you can guess it didn't help. Well not the way i wanted it to...it did however make my hair stronger i can say that. But today i decided i need to act more directly because i DO have a problem. So i went to doctor and got myself prescription for Propecia 1mg. I am about to take my first pill tonight before i go to sleep. I am adding photos of my current hair state. Any comments, tips, wishes are welcome.

Well here is my update at approximately 3 months on finasteride 1mg, Regaine 2% and B-complex pills =) I can say i have noticed excessive hairloss in the first one and a half months after that i almost completely stopped losing hair. By now there are no hair on my pillow when i wake up and only few hair in the bath after shower. So i can say that the hairloss has been stopped, as for regrowth i did get denser hair on the back of the head in the front there seems to be something going on, but i cannot say for sure at this time. I did get some regrowth in front, but those hair are kinda thin. I would also like to state that my hair are becoming darker on the areas where i use Regaine, not that i care as long as they are there=) So overall i am happy with the results which i am gettin, i only hope that i get more regrowth in front.
pictures:

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Siamon's story

man i feel your pain... back in uni days i was known as the big guy with spikey hair and got told i cool my hair looked.... now i am the guy with no hair (not that muscly anymore either...)....

you are doing the right thing by taking finasteride.... you might want to also consider minoxidil and nizoral shampoo....

good luck :)

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score

All the best luck to you brother. Btw, are you going to get on minoxidil?

Obsidian

Reaction score

That is some aggressive hairloss, I wish you all the best.

siamon

Reaction score

I was thinking about using only finasteride for about 1 month so i make sure there are no sideeffects...after that i will include minoxidil in my treatment aswell. Or you think i should start on it asap?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

siamon said:
I was thinking about using only finasteride for about 1 month so i make sure there are no sideeffects...after that i will include minoxidil in my treatment aswell. Or you think i should start on it asap?

if you dont then you will only wish that you had.... plus the first 3 months are agonisingly slow!

siamon

Reaction score

Well after 5 days on finasteride i havent noticed any side effects...so i bought minoxidil 2% and some b complex pills and c vitamin aswell...i ll fight that hairloss!! Or atleast go bald doing it=) I ll try and keep you posted of my progress.

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score

siamon said:
Well after 5 days on finasteride i havent noticed any side effects...so i bought minoxidil 2% and some b complex pills and c vitamin aswell...i ll fight that hairloss!! Or atleast go bald doing it=) I ll try and keep you posted of my progress.

you should get the 5% minoxidil it's much more effective than 2% .
you should get nizoral shampoo too . MSM is a good supplement to go with the vitamin c.

Townsend

Reaction score
I have the same type of hair loss as you. I just got back on my regimen...I would love to get the results you got. Keep up the good work!

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds great! Keep up the good work..

One question though.. Why didn't you start earlier? You hairloss seems quite aggressive , you would have had better results if you started earlier , I would think I'd be in the same stage of hairloss as you if I didn't start finasteride at 18.

Townsend

Reaction score
I can't answer for Siamon, but for me it was an issue of money. I don't know about you guys but I was broke in college.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
It wasn't until recently that you could get generic Proscar so cheaply without a prescription.

siamon

Reaction score
you can get proscar without prescription? Please more info about that. I am still paying 46€ 1 month supply of propecia, then i pay another 40 for regaine.

@Townsend
I wish i had...
The reason is i used the f**** Vichy Dercos with aminexil for about 1 year before...clearly no results besides softer/stronger hair. But yes, i was aware of the problem and i wish i wasnt such a lazy *** and acted sooner.

EDIT: I think i red it somwhere on this forums, it goes like that: If i had i would get an extra job delivering pizzas, do some casual work etc... It's worth the effort, if the meds help that is!

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
siamon said:
you can get proscar without prescription? Please more info about that. I am still paying 46€ 1 month supply of propecia, then i pay another 40 for regaine.

@Townsend
I wish i had...
The reason is i used the f**** Vichy Dercos with aminexil for about 1 year before...clearly no results besides softer/stronger hair. But yes, i was aware of the problem and i wish i wasnt such a lazy *** and acted sooner.

whoooaaaa man. I think I paid 100 dollars for a pack of Fincar online...I have used it for 8 months and I still have about 200 doses left since i cut it into 5 pieces! stuff works great.

buy the stuff onlline at
http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/

save that money for drinks at the pub!

siamon

Reaction score
wow! thatnks for the link man my social life is about to prosper again=)
Just a question, im using propecia so the logical next step is finpecia? Or should i go to Dutas or maby Fincar?
Thanks again :punk:

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
siamon said:
wow! thatnks for the link man my social life is about to prosper again=)
Just a question, im using propecia so the logical next step is finpecia? Or should i go to Dutas or maby Fincar?
Thanks again :punk:

Hey man,

I don't know much about Dutasteride...so I cannot help you there...though from reading posts on here, it looks pretty intense.

It is my understanding that Finasteride is Finasteride is Finasteride aka...whether you take Propecia, Finpecia, Proscar, Fincar, it is all the same. With Fincar and Proscar, you just need to make sure you take the correct dose that you desire. I cut my Fincar into 5 pieces and take it every day.

siamon

Reaction score
Hmm i tried to order from unitedpharmacies, but it seems they are only shipping to very few countires... Any other online pharmacy or any other way to get the shippment to Slovenia(or atleast to Germany - i have relatives there). All info is greatly appriciated.