Side-effect Free Anti-androgen Topical Solution?

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Though of updating my progress and my plan with this long post, bare with me :p

I have been using topical alfatradiol (El-cranell) for about 1-2 ml two times a day for about two months. At first it seemed to reduce my shedding, although it's hard for me to notice shedding since I keep my hair at like one millimeter, but after two months period I've lost more hair on top and also my frontal hairline starting to receed (first time), this where places i was applying the solution.
My plan was two evaluate the product for at least 3-6 months and the shedding might also be a good shed, but after noticing a huge spike in the growth of my body hair in new places during the same time I thought it is equally if not more likely to be dht damage than a "regrowth shed". Sadly as I wanted to evaluate every product for 6 months to make a topical formulation.

I moved on and got finasteride and spironolactone.

spironolactone cream:

I mixed 100 mg x 20 spironolactone tabs in a coffee grinder and added 5-10 ml of hand sanitizer (Ethanol, 2-Propanol, t-butanol, aqua, propylene glycol and glycerin, 70 % alcohols).
When I got a homogenous consistency I added it to 75 ml eucerin ph5 face-cream and blended it.
I decided three days after to add finasteride, so I added 3 mg finasteride dissolved in 1-3 ml of the sanitizer solution in the cream. Also I put 5 pumps of Estriol cream (NOW brand) = 3 mg in the cream, this means 3 mg in 75ml (neglectable effect I would assume). Dont ask me why :p I thought of adding some pumps couldnt hurt but didnt want to add to much as I wanted to evaluate spironolactone and finasteride without interference. (I regret that I put it in now) Also i diluted the cream with 30 ml of a lighter cream later.

In the first days using this cream. I've felt extremely fatigued and light-headed. I've welcomed this side-effect as It made me able to sleep. I have had really bad insomnia this last year and have tried many treatments that did nothing, nevertheless I strongly suspected spironolactone being absorbed as I also experienced slight decrease of libido (this was before I put in finasteride in the cream). I used it for three days at night only and the fatigue effects got less but libido still the same. Still can get 100 % erections though.
I did expect this might happen and I don't think the study where they study the absorption of spironolactone is good evidence. I wonder though if maybe S5 cream absorps less than my cream since there are not so many reports of side-effects with 5 % spironolactone.
I decided at the fourth day to add 3 mg of finasteride and decided to dilute the cream with 15 ml of 5% carbamid cream and 15 ml of a light face lotion. This was to get a lighter consistency and lower the concentration of spironolactone.

I will evaluate the side-effects this coming weeks. I don't know to what extent spironolactone get absorbed, but I apply 0,5-0,75 ml two times a day which would equal about 15-20 mg spironolactone and 0,02-0,025mg a day. As long as my erections quality is still the same I feel comfortable to evaluate the effect on hair for the coming months but I would not consider this a sustainable solution for the coming years if my libido don't get back to normal, even though the decrease is slight.

Finasteride:
I have also formulated a 0,01 % finasteride solution in the alfatradiol solution. I put 10 mg of finasteride in the 100 ml Ell-cranell. And was thinking of using 0,5 ml EoD but maybe I will wait with this one to fully evaluate the cream formulation.

My background and side-effects
You can read my introduction to understand my background here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/solving-a-problem.99821/

Here I explain my previous side-effects with finasteride. But lately I've been considering if that's not due to the stress and sleeplessness during that time and possibly finasteride making it all worse. Although I felt much better directly after quitting finasteride. I experienced fast facial changes, fat loss in face or something like that. Although it's not very recognized side effects in the forum there are people that have experienced the same side-effects in the forums. After quitting finasteride and my face became better, but six months later after quitting and my insomnia got worse and my days more stressful I experienced fat loss or thinner skin around oribital area and my cheeks as when I was taking finasteride.
I've made the conclusion it may be worth a shot to again evaluate finasteride in oral full dose in better circumstances as it is the most effectful treatment against hairloss, but that is if I fail to make an effectful topical solution.

Topical finasteride

This extremely good post by deniak explains what I am trying to do with topical finasteride. Find a really low dose that don't go systemic to a side-effect degree, but still effective for maintainance or even regrow.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...de-microdosing-as-additional-treatment.98373/

Lately I've been thinking maybe low-doses of dutas is better since dutas dose-dependant intervals are less sensitive and better studied, but I will stick with this for now.

What you guys think any suggestions to my protocol?

Jimjam316

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

I notice you compounded your own topical spironolactone. Any chance you'd be willing to make something similar to the 5% s5 cream they sold on this site up until recently, or know of anywhere else that still sells a solution? Thanks

Jim

Hi!
Though of updating my progress and my plan with this long post, bare with me :p

I have been using topical alfatradiol (El-cranell) for about 1-2 ml two times a day for about two months. At first it seemed to reduce my shedding, although it's hard for me to notice shedding since I keep my hair at like one millimeter, but after two months period I've lost more hair on top and also my frontal hairline starting to receed (first time), this where places i was applying the solution.
My plan was two evaluate the product for at least 3-6 months and the shedding might also be a good shed, but after noticing a huge spike in the growth of my body hair in new places during the same time I thought it is equally if not more likely to be dht damage than a "regrowth shed". Sadly as I wanted to evaluate every product for 6 months to make a topical formulation.

I moved on and got finasteride and spironolactone.

spironolactone cream:

I mixed 100 mg x 20 spironolactone tabs in a coffee grinder and added 5-10 ml of hand sanitizer (Ethanol, 2-Propanol, t-butanol, aqua, propylene glycol and glycerin, 70 % alcohols).
When I got a homogenous consistency I added it to 75 ml eucerin ph5 face-cream and blended it.
I decided three days after to add finasteride, so I added 3 mg finasteride dissolved in 1-3 ml of the sanitizer solution in the cream. Also I put 5 pumps of Estriol cream (NOW brand) = 3 mg in the cream, this means 3 mg in 75ml (neglectable effect I would assume). Dont ask me why :p I thought of adding some pumps couldnt hurt but didnt want to add to much as I wanted to evaluate spironolactone and finasteride without interference. (I regret that I put it in now) Also i diluted the cream with 30 ml of a lighter cream later.

In the first days using this cream. I've felt extremely fatigued and light-headed. I've welcomed this side-effect as It made me able to sleep. I have had really bad insomnia this last year and have tried many treatments that did nothing, nevertheless I strongly suspected spironolactone being absorbed as I also experienced slight decrease of libido (this was before I put in finasteride in the cream). I used it for three days at night only and the fatigue effects got less but libido still the same. Still can get 100 % erections though.
I did expect this might happen and I don't think the study where they study the absorption of spironolactone is good evidence. I wonder though if maybe S5 cream absorps less than my cream since there are not so many reports of side-effects with 5 % spironolactone.
I decided at the fourth day to add 3 mg of finasteride and decided to dilute the cream with 15 ml of 5% carbamid cream and 15 ml of a light face lotion. This was to get a lighter consistency and lower the concentration of spironolactone.

I will evaluate the side-effects this coming weeks. I don't know to what extent spironolactone get absorbed, but I apply 0,5-0,75 ml two times a day which would equal about 15-20 mg spironolactone and 0,02-0,025mg a day. As long as my erections quality is still the same I feel comfortable to evaluate the effect on hair for the coming months but I would not consider this a sustainable solution for the coming years if my libido don't get back to normal, even though the decrease is slight.

Finasteride:
I have also formulated a 0,01 % finasteride solution in the alfatradiol solution. I put 10 mg of finasteride in the 100 ml Ell-cranell. And was thinking of using 0,5 ml EoD but maybe I will wait with this one to fully evaluate the cream formulation.

My background and side-effects
You can read my introduction to understand my background here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/solving-a-problem.99821/

Here I explain my previous side-effects with finasteride. But lately I've been considering if that's not due to the stress and sleeplessness during that time and possibly finasteride making it all worse. Although I felt much better directly after quitting finasteride. I experienced fast facial changes, fat loss in face or something like that. Although it's not very recognized side effects in the forum there are people that have experienced the same side-effects in the forums. After quitting finasteride and my face became better, but six months later after quitting and my insomnia got worse and my days more stressful I experienced fat loss or thinner skin around oribital area and my cheeks as when I was taking finasteride.
I've made the conclusion it may be worth a shot to again evaluate finasteride in oral full dose in better circumstances as it is the most effectful treatment against hairloss, but that is if I fail to make an effectful topical solution.

Topical finasteride

This extremely good post by deniak explains what I am trying to do with topical finasteride. Find a really low dose that don't go systemic to a side-effect degree, but still effective for maintainance or even regrow.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...de-microdosing-as-additional-treatment.98373/

Lately I've been thinking maybe low-doses of dutas is better since dutas dose-dependant intervals are less sensitive and better studied, but I will stick with this for now.

What you guys think any suggestions to my protocol?

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I notice you compounded your own topical spironolactone. Any chance you'd be willing to make something similar to the 5% s5 cream they sold on this site up until recently, or know of anywhere else that still sells a solution? Thanks

Jim

It is really easy to make and more cost effective for you than to buy it from me or anyone else. In terms of effectivness I would trust my own cream more than s5 cream as long as you can get the tabs from good pharmacy.
Just dissolve the Sprio in few ml of alcohol and then blend it in a good cream base with good penetration properties.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
So I will maybe when I have time take some photos for baseline as it has been little more than a months and things are starting to happen. Some thickening of hair it seems. I was thinking of upping the dose of spironolactone from the start after a month but I will stick with this concentration maybe till the year out.
I am using a cream with 2 % spironolactone and 0,003 % finasteride. Applying 0,5 ml two Times a day