Sillyness

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
As I was standing in the local barbershop yesterday I had a strange thought in which a strange and stupid question emerged, yet I must ask out of simple curiosity.

Why can't we transplant others hair unto our own heads? I imagine there is some biological reason why foreign hair would not grow, but I do not know it. If it was some sort of issue with whatever cell structure iin your follicles, couldn't you simply get a relatives?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Hair follicles are just like any other body part. Its living tissue. You just cant sew on someone elses arm. Maybe in the future it might be possible with anti rejection drugs but to be honest i would feel weird/uncomfortable with someone elses hair growing out my head. I want my own hair to grow!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Theres more chance of medical science finding a way to make your hair grow again than of finding a way to transplant other peoples hair onto your head.

G

The DNA is completely different from someone else. HOWEVER, I have heard of some select cases of transplanting between identical twins with some success. Outside of that, no.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
You just cant sew on someone elses arm
Yea I assumed hair was less of a problem in that area.

Theres more chance of medical science finding a way to make your hair grow again than of finding a way to transplant other peoples hair onto your head.
Mhm, Simply wishful thinking on my part I suppose :$