Silverteen's Story - ( 25 / Need some advice )

silverteen

Reaction score
hope this is in the right section!?

im new to these boards, im 25 and noticed my hair lien receeding above my temple creating a sort of "m" shape. i have quite long hair for a guy and i cant stand the thought of going bald!

ive decided i need to do something about it, ive looked into some websites and i want to try minoxidil. do i need to do this with any other products?

my hairline id say is about an inch further back on each side than it used to be, id love to regrow this but at worst just prevent any further loss! my father and older brother both have receeding hairline but there not bald, just a high forehead/hairline far back but no bald patch at crown.

so can i just go ahead and order some of the minoxidil and give it a go?

any advice appreciated!

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Need some advice ...newbie!

If you want to prevent futher hairloss you need a DHT blocker like Propecia. Propecia can also re-grow hair but has shown to be more effective in the crown area for re-growth.

minoxidil will just make you grow more hair but it won't stop the cause of hairloss - for that you need Propecia

silverteen

Reaction score

ive had a look at the propecia and its very expensive! £1.50 a day! is that right?

do i need to take it daily?

thanks for the reply

ali777

Reaction score

It might be just a case of "mature hairline". 95% of men experience a degree of receding. You should be more worried if you start thinning or losing even more.

As for minoxidil, you could give it a try. You've got nothing to lose, but it seems pointless if you have a minor recession.

silverteen

Reaction score

theres definatly a receeding hair line and it seems to continue to receed, wouldnt minixidl and procepia stop this?

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score

silverteen said:
theres definatly a receeding hair line and it seems to continue to receed, wouldnt minixidl and procepia stop this?

propecia isnt really shown to be that effective on the hairline, but you should check it out anyways, are you losing any hair on the crown/vertex

silverteen

Reaction score

very little from the crown, my hairs quite long so you wouldnt know that i ave a receeding hairline unless my hair is up or wet, my girlfriend noticed it too so its not just me thinking it.
the hairline has gone further back, creating a larger forehead and the area above temples on each sides has gone back about an inch almost in line with the start of the ear from the side view

whats the best for this type of receeding hairline?

how much shall i expect to pay?

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately the temples are the hardest area for re-growth.
Some have had success with minoxidil - you could give that a go.

As for propecia - I buy a generic online and that costs me about 40 quid for a 6mnth supply so not that expensive at all.

I had thinning in the crown and propecia has sorted that but my temples are the same as they were. I haven't tried minoxidil .