simple blood-work question

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some bloodwork done to check and make sure propecia isnt doing any bad things to my body, and I was wondering if they can check DHT levels in your blood. Anyone ever use bloodwork to monitor the efficacy of their regimen?

drinkrum

Reaction score
20sometingtoo said:
I was thinking about getting some bloodwork done to check and make sure propecia isnt doing any bad things to my body, and I was wondering if they can check DHT levels in your blood. Anyone ever use bloodwork to monitor the efficacy of their regimen?

Yes, go to an endocrinologist. Tell him/her to check for DHT, testosterone, and E2 (estradiol).

D.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... and I assume they would know what normal (non male pattern baldness suffering) dht levels would be?

drinkrum

Reaction score
20sometingtoo said:
Thanks for the info... and I assume they would know what normal (non male pattern baldness suffering) dht levels would be?

When they do the tests, they will give you a lab sheet with all of your data and the applicable normal ranges. If you're on finasteride, you'll notice that DHT is quite low (lower than the lowest range) and that testosterone and estradiol are a bit high (15-20% more than the median/mean).

D.