Simplelies's Story - ( 22 / Need some help ) updated pics!

simplelies

Reaction score
So I started Proscar in the beginnning of July mainly because I was shedding quite a few hairs from all over and had a bit of temple recession. About 3 months in, the shedding had pretty much completely stopped save for a few hairs here and there. Then about a month later, the shedding begin again and it was back to shedding pretty much the same amount as before I had started the proscar. At this point about 5 months in, I am still getting those sheds similar to before beginning the Proscar. The hair that is falling out seems to be a mix of weak and strong hairs. I was thinking maybe I should start Dutasteride.

Can anybody help me out?

BTW, I am 22 years old and my father along with his brothers are pretty much all bald but my mother's brothers all have their hair except for one brother.

Thanks for any input guys.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Need some help

Not everybody sees results within 5 months, and it is important to note that maintaining your current hair is considered success in treating male pattern baldness. My advice for you would be to wait it out at least another couple of months.

Winter

Reaction score
Re: Need some help

yea, wait atleast 5 more months before u make a decision! i've never seen or heard about finasteride making hairloss worse for someone...the shedding probably means ur " weak " hair is being replaced by new stronger ones!

slacker86

Reaction score
Mate, you really have to understand that no matter how much you're convinced that you have a receeding hairline, no one else in their right mind would think that you have a problem. If you are truly positive that you are indeed losing your hair then you should be commended for catching the problem so early, but do you really know for sure? If the answers yes, keep taking the propecia and take more photos at the 1 year mark. If you aren't sure whether or not your hair has really been affected by mbp then you're in a bit of a sticky situation.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
NW1.