Single, Bald And Fearing The Future/lacking Confidence

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just joined this forum because I think it's probably time I got some support regarding this issue.

I started losing my hair as early as 26, however the hair loss was mainly on the crown and hardly visible at the front. For the next 8 years or so, it started falling out fast. Now at almost 34, I am bald.
Clearly looking back I've had a severe case of male pattern baldness as my mothers' brothers are all bald. So I knew it wasn't going to work out well! Losing what's left of your hair is a difficult period as I'm sure it has been for most of you although I went through various phases of feeling very down about it to not feeling so bad. Now, I am totally bald and I still go through those same phases of feeling ok with it to spending the day wishing I could have hair.

Anyway, my main concern with all this is probably the most common for a single guy - how it impacts on dating and attracting women. I've had a fair few relationships in my life but still no luck in finding that one person. I think I used to be a great looking guy when I had hair and with my buzzcut 5 years ago. Now, as a totally bald guy, people still mention I'm a decent looking guy and some say I even look better without hair than with hair. What does help is that I'm 6"2, dark skinned (dark brown) and have the exact right head shape for the bald look. However I would give anything to have at least some hair again so that I could have my buzz cutagain.

As I'm still searching and looking for love, I'm getting the impression that baldness is an issue for women. I've heard the usual "it's confidence that they find attractive etc." "women are more interested in other qualities" This of course may well be true to varying degrees but what kind of women do you see the bald guys with? Whenever I see a couple where the guy is bald, his gf/wife is not exactly anything special physically speaking. How many bald guys do you honestly see with hot chicks? It's rare. On dating websites too, I don't have the same luck as I had before when I had that buzz cut and some hair. A good looking guy with hair more than likely will get more attention. And then there are some women who simply don't want a bald guy regardless. Women never say what they really mean, remember so they may say baldness is not an issue but then you have to look at the reality. Look at the men they end up dating and marrying.

I'm not the confident man I used to be and I believe the lack of hair/being single has played a significant part in this.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just joined this forum because I think it's probably time I got some support regarding this issue.

I started losing my hair as early as 26, however the hair loss was mainly on the crown and hardly visible at the front. For the next 8 years or so, it started falling out fast. Now at almost 34, I am bald.
Clearly looking back I've had a severe case of male pattern baldness as my mothers' brothers are all bald. So I knew it wasn't going to work out well! Losing what's left of your hair is a difficult period as I'm sure it has been for most of you although I went through various phases of feeling very down about it to not feeling so bad. Now, I am totally bald and I still go through those same phases of feeling ok with it to spending the day wishing I could have hair.

Anyway, my main concern with all this is probably the most common for a single guy - how it impacts on dating and attracting women. I've had a fair few relationships in my life but still no luck in finding that one person. I think I used to be a great looking guy when I had hair and with my buzzcut 5 years ago. Now, as a totally bald guy, people still mention I'm a decent looking guy and some say I even look better without hair than with hair. What does help is that I'm 6"2, dark skinned (dark brown) and have the exact right head shape for the bald look. However I would give anything to have at least some hair again so that I could have my buzz cutagain.

As I'm still searching and looking for love, I'm getting the impression that baldness is an issue for women. I've heard the usual "it's confidence that they find attractive etc." "women are more interested in other qualities" This of course may well be true to varying degrees but what kind of women do you see the bald guys with? Whenever I see a couple where the guy is bald, his gf/wife is not exactly anything special physically speaking. How many bald guys do you honestly see with hot chicks? It's rare. On dating websites too, I don't have the same luck as I had before when I had that buzz cut and some hair. A good looking guy with hair more than likely will get more attention. And then there are some women who simply don't want a bald guy regardless. Women never say what they really mean, remember so they may say baldness is not an issue but then you have to look at the reality. Look at the men they end up dating and marrying.

I'm not the confident man I used to be and I believe the lack of hair/being single has played a significant part in this.
Sounds brutal man. And I'm 5'6 and greying age 23. Rip lol. But seriously keep being confident. If we need to go to Mexico and do a few lines and buy some hookers hmu

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're totally right, looks play a major role in dating and hair is a very important trait when it comes to looks. You can go from 9 to 5 only by loosing your hair. Why didn't you get on meds ? Were you afraid of sides ? Planning on doing a transplant ?

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm single, bald, ugly, short, scrawny and virgin. Confidence or not, I know I'm fucked. That's what truly matters: are you attractive enough without hair? If not, you better find solutions and, if there are none, to give up on women entirely, as I did.

There's no such thing as love, there's only being attractive enough for girls. That's it. So get a move on since you're probably more than attractive, or lay down and rot.

Sorry to hear this. I can understand how this feels. You must hate it when people say "there's someone for everyone etc." Have you ever had a gf or been on a date? I suppose other guys will advise you to be confident and work on improving other personal features but you must have tried everything you can by this stage? How old are you? It must really suck to be in your situation but I do understand that feeling. I feel it too at this age, wondering if I'll ever meet someone.

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're totally right, looks play a major role in dating and hair is a very important trait when it comes to looks. You can go from 9 to 5 only by loosing your hair. Why didn't you get on meds ? Were you afraid of sides ? Planning on doing a transplant ?

I was too afraid to get on any meds due to the side effects, no way. I used minoxidil (rogaine) for about 3/4 years (the liquid form) and it literally zero effect. Just didn't work at all. I still think about having a transplant and having maybe around 1000-2000 grafts so I have my front area filled in but it's obviously not cheap. At this stage though I'll only be doing it to increase my chances of meeting a woman. If I met the right girl tomorrow and she was the one, she would obviously accept me for my baldness and everything else so all this wouldn't matter. But until then, this is where I am.
You said you can go from 9-5 losing your hair but what if the bald look does actually suit you?
What's your story?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was too afraid to get on any meds due to the side effects, no way. I used minoxidil (rogaine) for about 3/4 years (the liquid form) and it literally zero effect. Just didn't work at all. I still think about having a transplant and having maybe around 1000-2000 grafts so I have my front area filled in but it's obviously not cheap. At this stage though I'll only be doing it to increase my chances of meeting a woman. If I met the right girl tomorrow and she was the one, she would obviously accept me for my baldness and everything else so all this wouldn't matter. But until then, this is where I am.
You said you can go from 9-5 losing your hair but what if the bald look does actually suit you?
What's your story?

what Norwood are you man

are you bald bald like no hair whatsoever bald, or just semi nw4 bald

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your story?
Well im im diffusing, but i still have some hair on top. I think im in the point you were a few years ago that i can pull a decent style while buzzing it. My hair loss started at 17 and its quite aggresive, well im on meds now and it seems to have stabilized, best decision so far and no side effects. If you still have some hair on top and you're not slick bald my advice is to get on both finasteride and minoxidil and get a hair transplant.

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
what Norwood are you man

are you bald bald like no hair whatsoever bald, or just semi nw4 bald

TOTALLY bald, no hair at all. But of course I could grow it out at the sides but I don't bother. I shave every two days with the Headblade. I have some very faint venus hair at the front and in the middle area of the crown which in darker light occasionally gives the illusion I have some hair remaining.
However my saving grace somewhat is that I'm quite dark skinned so as it is for most dark skinned bald guys it blends in better than for white guys.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
TOTALLY bald, no hair at all. But of course I could grow it out at the sides but I don't bother. I shave every two days with the Headblade. I have some very faint venus hair at the front and in the middle area of the crown which in darker light occasionally gives the illusion I have some hair remaining.

tough break

least you got all the other things going for you....height, skin color etc etc

some guys here have NOTHING aesthetically pleasing to fall back on once they go bald

hope the new tech can help you mate in the coming years

hopingbutfearing

My Regimen
Reaction score
tough break

least you got all the other things going for you....height, skin color etc etc

some guys here have NOTHING aesthetically pleasing to fall back on once they go bald

hope the new tech can help you mate in the coming years

You're right, that's true, it's something.