Sir Chugalot's Story - ( 36 / thinning at the crown)

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay first things first, I'm not going to b**ch about my hair, i don't really have it that bad, i want to give something back to the community if i can after 10 years on and off lurking.

About 10 years ago i noticed a spot around the size of a five pence piece appear on my crown, because of this board jumped on the propecia, the crown filled in very nicely.

At the start of last year i just stopped propecia, no particular reason, i just got cocky and lazy after around 9 months i could see my crown appear again, and had a mini panic.

Because i was starting to feel a little bit more 'juiced' off the Propecia i decided i'd try and stop it with topicals only, enter mr nizoral, mr spironolactone 2% and mr folligen.

Possibly a big mistake, because week by week my scalp started to itch more, not i believe because of further hair loss, but because of the ingredients in the topicals i'm only just now finding out how harsh some of them are, and i certainly should have diluted the folligen. Its possible that this had made things worse i'm not sure.

As of 7 days ago i hopped back on the propecia, and added some revivogen, with the hope of halting further loss, and possibly getting my crown filled back in. I'm very confident this can be done, because of previous experience and on the off chance i need a boost I've got some Vag Cream ;-)

I'll keep people posted and good luck to everybody else, you know what ? Things are probably gonna be ok :)

Attachments

• Bad Hair Day.jpg
    Bad Hair Day.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 199

Nsane

Reaction score
Re: Here we go again thinning at the crown (36)

I am curious to see how the Miconazole works for you.

However, I would tend to agree with your initial judgment that your hair is still in a fairly good condition. I can only wish I had that much hair on the crown.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score

My crown was twice that size even when I was a kid! Nobody would suspect you're balding.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score

Cheers chaps,

That's how i want to keep it so nobody suspects although i did get a comment at the football (soccer) from my friends who sit behind me in January saying it was going.

I gave the put some Mico on yesterday evening for around 2 hours, just on the crown, no headache but i did notice a tiny bit of tinnitus that lasted for about 15 minutes, it actually started when i put my head down to go to sleep, i found it bearable though.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay it's been about 6 or seven weeks since i've posted. I'll try to summarise in bullet points. I've been an idiot in that i've been looking at chopping and changing things too much but I now want to stick with spironolactone and rev, which i've been on for the last 6 or so weeks.

- Got sides from the finasteride, nothing permanent but it just didn't feel right, so after a week i dropped it.

- As soon as i dropped it, I added my own topical spironolactone, and put that on at night, things head was itching quite a bit at this point

- After a week of topical spironolactone and rev things where still itching so i went to twice a day with the spironolactone and really started slapping it on, itching starts to dissappear.

- Last week added keto cream once every other day instead of a night time application of spironolactone.

- Last thursday it looks like things are getting worse, i do what you shouldn't do ( i say one thing and do another) and ordered some RU 85541.

- Last Saturday things don't feel right on my crown and i start scratching it.

- Last Sunday okay this is weird, where i was scratching it's like i had stubble.

- Yesterday the RU arrives, but the stubble is firmer it's like i've had a hair transplant from a nail brush, it feels very strange, RU get's put into freezer, things seem to be happening and IMO ahead of schedule.

- Today checked my crown and it looks like an island of this toothbrush hair is developing, it's almost as though my crown is going to become some kind of 5p sized hair doughnut, like someone has stuck a polo mint to my head,this is really unexpected!

I'm not going to post any pictures yet just in case i've got my hopes up too much, but i wanted to document what i'm doing, because things seem to be going well.

So my current regimen

Morning - 1ml of Rev
Evening - Get home from work, slap on some spironolactone
Late Evening - Have shower then put on more spironolactone or keto cream (daktarin gold)

I've started adding Alpecin Double Effect, but i don't expect much from that, just some cosmetic thickening.

<<edit>>

And depending on this hair island the RU could be staying in the freezer for at least another month

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
At this point i'm not ruling out it's just the caffeine from the Rev, making some hair stand on end, which i'm told it can do.

And the lighting might not help (I'm no rogazzle), but the point of this is post is because i think it's all going to fill in so best to document it.

Attachments

• polothang.jpg
    polothang.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 181