Skin needling/Dermarolling and antiandrogens.

Carlo

Reaction score
My Spyronolactone cream will arrive any time soon, and I'm thinking about starting needling my scalp. What would be the best needle length for it? I want to get closer to my follicles, but not enough for the cream to go systemic. I remember reading somewhere that 0.5 mm was the best.
What do you think? Also, what routine do you recommend?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I,ve seen shorter length DRs. 0.5 mm is certainly a conservative length. My present experience using the DR'er is nil There are users here on this forum more informed and qualified, to be sure, who will be happy to offer you their valuable insights I am happy to hear you are putting your safety first. I will be trialing DRing in a couple weeks at best, but for different reasons. Best wishes and thanx for sharing.

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been dermarolling 1x a week for the past 3 months or so. I do see some results, but I am going to cease rolling as it appears that I won't see much results from it. There are vellus hairs growing everywhere and I doubt continuing rolling to draw blood will do any good. I am also on spironolactone cream and minoxidil for about 3 months as well. I have been on MIN for 5 years total. I am going to start rolling only to increase absorption ie, lightly to prick the skin but not draw any blood. Will do this about 2-3 times a week. I am not on finasteride at the moment. I am still debating whether I want to try it.