Skulled's Story

Skulled

Reaction score
If hair loss was a man, well I'd probably murder him in the first degree. Sometimes I feel perfectly fine, but sometimes I feel so miserable I can't stand it. Trying desperately to move the hair over my forehead so that it covers every spot, but anybody who bothers to look can tell that it's receding. It's so ugly, and I don't know what to do about it. I get so angry looking at my head that sometimes I just hit myself. I'm only 18. This isn't fair. I've had this problem since 17 about, and nobody my age should ever have to go through it. Some people with a similar problem just say, "Big deal? Shave it and go on with your life." But I'm not as confident as they are.

Why don't we have genetic alteration yet? I should be able to just stick myself with a new-genes needle and WHAM, it grows back. For a while I gave up on it. I wanted to try Rogain like a doctor recommended, but the doctor herself didn't know that it isn't meant for a receding hairline. So I just gave up for a while.

I'm a nerd. Not an obvious one. But I love me some anime and video games, and I'm not a fan of sports. I have a huge crush on this girl in one of my classes, and I want to get to know her better and ask her out, but I'm afraid to approach her in part because of my embarrassing hair issue. Why am I cursed so?

So I'm considering either shaving my head, or some unrecommended method to regrow, but there's so many different methods to treat hair loss I'm not sure where to start, or who to believe. The doctors will tell me it's all crap except Rogain or this other one that's more expensive. People on the internet will go on and on about methods that work. But I still don't know who to believe. Doctors are professional, but they work by statistics alone, and they can be skewed towards certain products because of bribing.

On the other hand, I'm afraid shaving my head might make me look like a cancer patient. I'm not very muscular, I'm quite thin, and I'm afraid shaving my head will just expose the receding hairline more obviously.

I don't know what to do.