Slacker's Story - (21yr)

slacker

Reaction score
UPDATE PAGE 2

Hello Guys,

Ever since I was 16 I got noticed at school for "going bald" which is very obvious when you have short hair.

Now that I turned 21 I decided enough is enough and why not try threatment for a few months and see what happens. Time w/o doing anything will only make it worse, so lets try.

My game plan is:
1.25 Finastesteride in the mornings (will get prescription next week)
Minoxidril 5% liquid solution in the mornings after shower
Ketocotizone 2% shampoo (Nizoral)

So far I only have Minoxidril but I am starting today with that. Next week I will have the prescriptions for the Fina and Nizoral :)

I also just cut my hair clipper #2 before starting this, but for reference here is one of my pictures with my usual haircut:

Attachments

• IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 3,041
  • IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 3,059
  • IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 197

amsch

Reaction score
Re: My hairloss experience thread/blog (21yr)

Hey there!

Make sure you get the prescription of proscar. It's the same stuff as Propecia, just 5mg. Just cut it into 5 pieces and you have 5 times Propecia ;).

good luck btw

polishka

Reaction score
Re: Slacker experience thread/blog (21yr)

Hey mate,

Yeah definitely get the the proscar over propecia! Your hairloss looks a bit similar to mine and I have had great results very quickly so hopefully you will get the same results!

My results:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewforum.php?f=28
Give it a go, be consistent, think positive and reap the rewards!!

Good luck!!

slacker

Reaction score

polishka said:
Hey mate,

Yeah definitely get the the proscar over propecia! Your hairloss looks a bit similar to mine and I have had great results very quickly so hopefully you will get the same results!

My results:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewforum.php?f=28
Give it a go, be consistent, think positive and reap the rewards!!

Good luck!!

Hi,

Thanks for the words of support, I appreciate it. I am still waiting for my doctors appointment this Friday (3 days!).

I have been on minoxidril for 8 days now, and I seem to have an itchy scalp from time to time in the area where I placed the liquid minoxidil. Is this normal?

I also use 1% Nizoral 3 times a week. Tuesdays (today), Thursdays and Saturdays.

polishka

Reaction score

Hey slacker,

I get a slightly itchy scalp from time to time too nothing drastic. I try not to think about it and it usually goes away. Perhaps your scalp is still getting used to it.... but nothing too worry about I dont think.

slacker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

In 5 days from this post it will be 1 month on Minoxidril and Nizoral 1% only. Here are some pics.

As of today, I am starting 1.25ml of Fincar Will report back

Attachments

• IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1577.JPG
    IMG_1577.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 221

dman23

Reaction score
yo men u have the same hair loss like me (i think) any way good luck with ur treatment and its good that u go on the big 3.
may the gods be with us :p

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck mate- I'll be intrugued as to how you get on.

slacker

Reaction score
Hi guys

My monthly update is due. I have now been on Fincar for 1 month 2 weeks and Minoxidril since Feb 11

I have not had a haircut since I started this, I don't think I notice any changes, can you please take a look and give me your oppinion?

Thanks

PS I am running dry on minoxidril (my 3 month supply is almost gone), should I re-order the same stuff Minoxidil 5% KIRKLAND from ebay or try something else?

upload here doesnt work in Opera or Firefox so I will use this uploader.

ng5yo35tghy6h5do6w1.jpg

bh84onbpk62zqax2k3k.jpg

y3k6yyw2awin7yhbyt9f.jpg

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score
why not cut it the same way as when you started? That would be the best way to check out your progress. I would give it more time though. From what I've seen here, some people respond quicker then others and its only been 2 months. I think it looks better with the buzzcut anyways so I would keep it that way and you can check your progress.

fluffy123

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks alright mate, your hair is kind of similar to mine and you look to be responding in a similar way to me, it's just I'm two months further down the line for you. I'd just buzz it down on a constant basis for another month or two, keep it short, tidy and keep up with what you are already doing :)